This is a list of notable techniques used by Yamcha which have appeared in the Dragon Ball manga, the anime series Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball Super, and various video games spun off by the Dragon Ball series.
Techniques and special abilities
- Flight – The ability to fly with the use of ki.
- Ki Blast – The most basic form of energy wave.
- Ki Sense – The ability to sense ki energy, which Yamcha learned while training on Kami's Lookout.
- Kamehameha – Yamcha is able to pull off the basic Kamehameha attack, as well as some variations. One such variation is specific to Yamcha alone: in Dragon Ball: Zenkai Battle Royale, Yamcha uses a special reverse Kamehameha, which looks like a regular Kamehameha, but can get him out of tight spots.
- Team Work Kamehameha – A double Kamehameha attack used by Yamcha and Krillin in the Dragon Ball Z Collectible Card Game.
- Super Kamehameha – Used as his super attack in the video game Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z.
- Wolf Fang Fist – Yamcha's trademark attack. It is a very fast series of powerful punches, swipes, and kicks. Before the attack, a wolf's howl can be heard, along with an aura around Yamcha. This attack is Yamcha's signature attack in the Raging Blast Series.
- Blinding Wolf Fang Fist – A one-hit variant of the Wolf Fang Fist.
- Wolf Fang Pitching Fist - A new kind of baseball pitching technique developed by Yamcha by adapting his martial arts training for baseball instead of fighting, which appears in Dragon Ball Super during the baseball match between Team Universe 6 and Team Universe 7. It is basically pitch that has the speed of his Wolf Fang Fist and the controlability of the Spirit Ball. This pitch is extremely effective allowing Yamcha to effortlessly strike out Botamo and Cabba and striking out Universe 6 for the 1st half of the 1st set.
- Wolf Klaw - A single technique where Yamcha leaps forward, and slashes the air with invisible claws. Named in Dragon Ball: Origins 2s.
- Tiger Jackhammer Fist – Yamcha punches his opponent repeatedly before finishing with a kick. Named in the Budokai series.
- Neo Wolf Fang Fist – An upgraded version of the Wolf Fang Fist. Also called Wolf Fang Blowing Wind, or Wolf Fang Whirlwind Claw.
- Wolf Hurricane – A weaker version of the Wolf Fang Fist used in Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans. Yamcha can combine it with Krillin's and Tien's rush attacks to form the Earthling Strike.
- Wolf Slice Fist – Yamcha kicks the opponent up in the air, and then he kicks and punches them down again. Used in the Budokai series.
- Spirit Ball – One of Yamcha's signature moves. He produces a concentrated ball of energy from his palm, and is able to precisely control its directional pattern using two fingers to guide it.
- Super Spirit Ball – A much more powerful version of the Spirit Ball, and is even bigger than Yamcha himself.
- Wolf Fang Blast – Yamcha uppercuts his opponent up in the air, then he flies up and knock them down to the ground again. Yamcha then fires a barrage of ki blasts on the opponent, only to finish the attack with a large ball of ki. Used only in the Budokai series.
- Consecutive Energy Blast - A energy sphere barrage technique used by Yamcha as one of his Super Skills in his Turtle Hermit Gi 1 skillset in Xenoverse 2.
- Energy Wave Combo - An Energy Barrage technique used by Yamcha as one of his Super Skills in his Turtle Hermit Gi 2 skillset in Xenoverse 2.
- Full Power Energy Blast Volley - An energy barrage technique used by Yamcha as one of his Ultimate Skills in his Turtle Hermit Gi 1 skillset in Xenoverse 2.
- Afterimage Technique – One of Yamcha's Blast 1's in the Budokai Tenkaichi series. It allows him to dodge any sort of incoming attack (except normal ki blasts), with blinding speed.
- Divination - In The Case of Being Reincarnated as Yamcha, due to being the reincarnation of someone who has read and watched Dragon Ball, Yamcha has knowledge of all future events.
- Ah, Lord Beerus! - A technique used by Yamcha in The Case of Being Reincarnated as Yamcha as a way of catching Vegeta off guard during the Saiyan conflict.
- Power up to the Very Limit – One of Yamcha's Blast 1 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series. It instantly put him in MAX power mode, along with adding all stat bonuses.
- All-Out – Increases Attack power while depleting ki at the same time. Used in the Raging Blast series.
- Appeal – A supportive technique used by Yamcha in Zenkai Battle Royale. As is typical of Yamcha, who is easily affected by others, he can use his appeal (with the start button) to increase his special abilities. But if you think Yamcha is weak, you can perform the same action with the Appeal Counter so he gets a taste of his own medicine.
- Fusion Dance – Yamcha is able to use the fusion dance with Tien Shinhan to form Tiencha, in the video games Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2 and Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Crane Wolf Strike - A team attack used by Yamcha and Tien in Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans.
- Earthling Strike - A team attack used by Yamcha, Tien, and Krillin in Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans.
- Demon-Wolf-Crane - A team attack used by Yamcha, Tien, and Piccolo in Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans.
- Fake Death - A technique where the user collapses to the ground in a pose identical to the one Yamcha took after he was killed by the Saibaman Bomb and plays dead in order to deceive the opponent. Used by Yamcha as a Super Skill in Dragon Ball: Xenoverse and Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2.
- Ki Blast Thrust - A ki-enhanced punch attack used by Yamcha to defeat Recoome on King Kai's planet in Transformed at Last. It was named in Dragon Ball: Xenoverse where it appears as one of Yamcha's Super Skills. It also appears as one of his Super Skills in Xenoverse 2.
- Bloody Sauce - A dark energy sphere technique used by Demons and those under the influence of Dark Magic. Used by Yamcha in his Supervillain form in Xenoverse 2.
- Darkness Mixer - A ki and stamina charging technique used by those under the influence of Dark Magic. Used by Yamcha in his Supervillain form in Xenoverse 2.
- Baked Sphere - A dark Explosive Wave technique used by those under the influence of Dark Magic. Used by an unplayable version of Supervillain Yamcha when fought in certain Expert Missions in Xenoverse 2.
- Marbling Drop - A dark energy sphere barrage technique used by an unplayable version of Supervillain Yamcha when fought in certain Expert Missions in Xenoverse 2.
- Peeler Storm - A dark Energy Disc technique used by an unplayable version of Supervillain Yamcha when fought in certain Expert Missions in Xenoverse 2.
- Brainwash Attack - A dark mind control technique used by an unplayable version of Supervillain Yamcha when fought in certain Expert Missions in Xenoverse 2.
- Stardust Breaker - Gogeta's Ultimate Attack which Yamcha can used via a glitch in Dokkan Battle.
Main article: Unlock Potential In Dragon Ball Z: Super Saiya Densetsu, Yamcha can have his potential unlocked by Guru if he manages to survive the battle with Nappa (this can be achieved if Goku returns instantly) allowing him to travel to Namek.
Main article: Kaio-ken
Yamcha can use the Kaio-ken power-up "transformation" technique as one of his Super Skills in Dragon Ball Xenoverse. Yamcha can only use the basic unmultiplied Kaioken which doubles his base power level. Though Yamcha studied under King Kai while Other World in both the manga and anime, he has never been depicted as a user of this technique in either the anime or manga. Though it appears in Xenoverse, Yamcha cannot use the Kaioken Awoken Skill in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2.
Super Saiyan 3
In a Dragon Ball SD promotion to congratulate Saikyo Jump on its third anniversary, Yamcha appears as a Super Saiyan 3 along with Puar, Kid Goku, Krillin, and Master Roshi. In this form, Yamcha's hair turns golden blonde and becomes longer, while his eyebrows disappear. However due to the nature of the Dragon Ball SD manga this form is little more than a non-canon gag transformation (as Yamcha is a pure Human-type Earthling and would normally be incapable of said transformation which is exclusive to Saiyans and partial Saiyans).
In Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, Yamcha is enhanced by the dark magic of the Time Breakers in Parallel Quest 86: "Yamcha In Number One" which causes Goten to appear in Conton City to find someone to help bring Yamcha back to his senses.
When merely corrupted by the Dark Magic his power is greatly increased beyond what Yamcha was capable of at that moment in history, able to stand toe to toe with Adult Gohan, Piccolo and Tien at the same time, with Gohan commenting that a single blow from Yamcha was capable of knocking a fighter of Gohan's caliber out cold.
After being defeated, Yamcha revives shaving off life to increase power and undergoes the Supervillain transformation. In this form Yamcha is referred to as Evil Yamcha (or Yamcha•Supervillain).This transformation causes the user's body color and hair to change to a pale shade of white, their eyes glowing a hot pink color, and he gains a glowing Time Breaker's broken infinity symbol on his forehead. This form also grants him access to some of the Time Breaker's Super Skills such as Towa's Bloody Sauce, Mira's Phantom Fist, and Darkness Mixer, in addition to Yamcha's original techniques such as Spirit Ball and Neo Wolf Fang Fist. While in this form Yamcha takes on a more evil and cocky personality (similar to his personality as a bandit). When Yamcha is finally defeated and returned to normal he had no memory of what happened while he was transformed. Yamcha's Supervillain form becomes playable after PQ 86 is completed.