|Debut||Dragon Ball GT: A Hero's Legacy|
"I am lord of the demons. You are but a child."
Yao fought Goku Jr. in Dragon Ball GT: A Hero's Legacy. Arriving while Mamba and her goons were chasing Goku Jr., he fired a cannonball at Goku Jr. He then unleashed a powerful snout blast at them. The father bear started to attack Yao, but Yao grabbed the bear by his neck and proceeded to choke him by turning his hand into a root that wrapped around the bear's neck. Then, his other hand turned into a blade, but, before Yao could kill the bear, Goku Jr. transformed into a Super Saiyan and quickly defeated the Demon Lord. What remains of him is unknown, as he was last seen passing out under some rubble after Goku Jr. sent him flying into a rock wall.
Powers and special abilitiesEdit
Yao seems to have above average human strength, as seen by his ability to crush the ground with his foot. He also possesses several special abilities.
- Snout Blast – Yao fires an Energy Wave through his nose. He used this on Goku Jr. when the boy survived the cannon ball.
- Shapeshifting – Yao uses this technique to turn his body into several weapons, such as: a cannon, a root, an iron mace, and a cutlass-like blade.
- Lord Yao resembles Bear Thief from Dragon Ball. His pig-like appearance and shapeshifting powers also provide similarities to Oolong.
- Yao is one of several characters to call himself king of demons (or demon lord); the others being Shula, King Piccolo, and Dabura. Oolong was also called a demon in his first appearance.
- The armor Lord Yao wears resembles that worn by Chinese soldiers during the Ming and Qing Dynasties. The Bear Thief, Ox-King, the Tiger Thief, the nameless warrior from "Terror and Plague", and Sky Dragon also wear similar-looking uniforms.