Magic Ball of Buu (解けた封印！出るぞ凶悪魔人ブウ, Toketa Fuin! Deruzo Kyoaku Majin Bu!!) is the twelfth episode of the Babidi Saga and the two hundred thirty-first overall episode in the original dubbed and the uncut Dragon Ball Z series. The episode first aired on June 29, 1994. Its original American air date was November 1, 2001.
At Stage 5, Gohan and Supreme Kai descend Babidi's spaceship, with one goal in their mind: not to let Majin Buu be reborn. When they make it down to the final floor there is no sign of Dabura or Babidi, but the Sealed Ball lies in front of them. Then, Babidi and Dabura step out from behind the cocoon. Babidi tells Supreme Kai that he has waited to watch him die, and Babidi moves Gohan and Supreme Kai to the outside of his spaceship. The world appears to be darker, and the most powerful force in the universe is about to be unveiled. The team look up to a cliff, and see the Piccolo and Krillin statues, and now, Gohan will fight Dabura, and Supreme Kai, Babidi.
Majin Vegeta reveals to Goku that he let Babidi control him, because he wanted to be evil again as it is the key to his power. Now that he has lived on Earth for several years, he has learned to care for people, something he had never done before. He further confesses that over the years, he had lived in peace and adopted a normal life on Earth; he had a wife and a son whom he grew to love. He says he wanted Babidi to release his evil so he can be free of his "petty attachments", but Goku does not believe him. Then, Goku and Majin Vegeta continue their fight.
Back on the Earth, Supreme Kai and Gohan are ready to fight. But then, Babidi checks the Power Meter, and sees Majin Buu's power at full. Majin Buu will be reborn.
Goku and Majin Vegeta's fight is still at a stalemate. Just when one of the two fighters seems to get an upper hand, the other one comes back and counters. Goku and Majin Vegeta do not seem to want to tire out after so much beating.
The Supreme Kai looks on in fear, and the episode ends.
- Goku (Super Saiyan 2) vs. Majin Vegeta (Super Saiyan 2)
Bruce Falconer tracks
- "Vegeta's Theme" - When Majin Vegeta explains to Goku why he let himself fall under Babidi's spell.
- "Vegeta Knows His Son" - When Vegeta explains to Goku why he let himself fall under Babidi's spell.
- "Pikkon's Theme" - In the fight between Majin Vegeta and SSJ2 Goku.
- This episode picked up where "The Long Awaited Fight" had left off.
- When the scene shifts back to the Tournament stage, there are still tons of people here, even though lots of people left (except for Chi-Chi, Bulma, Oolong, Yamcha, Marron, 18 and Master Roshi) when Vegeta destroyed parts of the stands.