|Debut||Manga: "The Return of Vegeta"|
Anime: "Held Captive"
|Allegiance||Planet Trade Organization|
"Care to tell me what happened, Vegeta? Or is the wound to your ego still too raw to be examined? Judging by these stress fractures in your protective armor, you must've received quite a beating, and that's putting it lightly. I hope you're not entertaining ideas of revenge, I might not be here to put you back together next time."
Malaka is a brown-skinned, reptilian alien with an orange Mohawk. He is the chief doctor of Planet Frieza 79 and a doctor on Planet Vegeta. He is mostly seen monitoring injured warriors as they heal in the Medical Machine.
Bardock - The Father of Goku
On Planet Vegeta, Malaka appeared when Kakarot (aka Goku) was born. He and Planthorr were in charge of healing Bardock's wounds after Bardock and his teammates returned from Planet Kanassa. To Malaka's surprise, the scanners showed that Bardock's power reading was over 10,000, which was enough to fight with King Vegeta. After Bardock was healed, Planthorr told Bardock that his teammates Tora, Shugesh, Borgos and Fasha were heading to Planet Meat, to where the Saiyan left soon afterward.
On Planet Frieza 79, Malaka was in charge of healing Vegeta in the Medical Machine after his defeat on Earth. After Vegeta was healed, Malaka was shocked at the excessive damage to the armor that occurred during the Saiyan's visit to Earth. When Vegeta rushes to his pod to go to Namek, he runs into Malaka holding a scouter, which the defecting Saiyan takes reluctantly.
Still on Planet Frieza 79, Malaka and other soldiers were monitoring the battle between Goku as a Super Saiyan and Frieza. However, the machines could not handle Goku's nor Frieza's power levels and exploded.
Malaka's final appearance in the series was when he was seen on Cold's unnamed planet monitoring Frieza in the Medical Machine as well as helping other scientists construct Frieza's new mechanical body for King Cold. He was possibly on King Cold's ship when Future Trunks destroyed it, killing him in the process.
- Japanese version: Kazumi Tanaka
- Ocean dub: Terry Klassen
- FUNimation dub: Mark Britten (Originally) and Chris Cason (Onwards)
- Latin American dub: Sergio Castillo (Bardock - The Father of Goku)
- In Dragon Ball Z: Bardock - The Father of Goku, it was believed that Malaka was still on Planet Vegeta when Frieza destroyed it, supposedly killing him. However, this is inconsistent with the fact that he makes later appearances in the Namek Saga, Frieza Saga and Trunks Saga, which means he could have escaped from the Saiyan planet via the launch center after evacuating as many of Frieza's personnel as he could. This plot hole was somewhat corrected in Dragon Ball Z Kai.
- In Dragon Ball Z Kai, Malaka appears in the first episode of the first arc, and the first episode of the second and final arc.