"Care to tell me what happened, Vegeta? Or is the wound to your ego still too raw to be examined? Judging by these stress fractures in your protective armor, you must've received quite a beating, and that's putting it lightly. I hope you're not entertaining ideas of revenge, I might not be here to put you back together next time."
Malaka (ドクター Dokutā) is a green-skinned, reptilian alien with an orange Mohawk. He is the chief doctor of Planet Frieza 79 and a doctor on Planet Vegeta. He is mostly seen monitoring injured warriors as they heal in the Medical Machine.
Bardock - The Father of Goku
On Planet Vegeta, Malaka appeared when Kakarot (aka Goku) was born. He and Planthorr were in charge of healing Bardock's wounds after Bardock and his teammates returned from Planet Kanassa. To Malaka's surprise, the scanners showed that Bardock's power reading was almost 10,000, which was enough to fight with King Vegeta. After Bardock was healed, Planthorr told Bardock that his teammates Tora, Shugesh, Borgos and Fasha were heading to Planet Meat, to where the Saiyan left soon afterward.
On Planet Frieza 79, Malaka was in charge of healing Vegeta in the Medical Machine after his defeat on Earth. After Vegeta was healed, Malaka was shocked at the excessive damage to the armor that occurred during the Saiyan's visit to Earth. When Vegeta rushes to his pod to go to Namek, he runs into Malaka holding a scouter, which the defecting Saiyan takes reluctantly.
Still on Planet Frieza 79, Malaka and other soldiers were monitoring the battle between Goku as a Super Saiyan and Frieza. However, the machines could not handle Goku's power level (after reading Frieza's) and exploded.
Malaka's final appearance in the series was when he was seen on Cold's unnamed planet monitoring Frieza in the Medical Machine as well as helping other scientists construct Frieza's new mechanical body for King Cold.
Malaka (or another member of his race) is one of the doctors present on Sorbet's ship when Sorbet takes it to Earth, and also during Frieza's recovery.
- Japanese: Kōzō Shioya (Bardock - The Father of Goku), Kazumi Tanaka (DBZ), Shinobu Satouchi (DBZ Kai)
- Ocean dub: Terry Klassen
- FUNimation dub: Mark Britten (Originally, DBZ), Chris Cason (Remastered, DBZ), Andy Mullins (DBZ, Episode 42), Justin Cook (DBZ Kai, Episode 1), Jerry Jewell (DBZ Kai, Episode 19), Mark Stoddard (DBZ Kai, Episode 55)
- AB Groupe dub: Doug Rand
- Hebrew dub: Tzvika Schwartzberg (Originally - DBZ), Liron Lev (Bardock - The Father of Goku)
- Latin American dub: Sergio Castillo (Bardock - The Father of Goku)
- In Dragon Ball Z: Bardock - The Father of Goku, it was believed that Malaka was still on Planet Vegeta when Frieza destroyed it, supposedly killing him. However, this is inconsistent with the fact that he makes later appearances in the Namek Saga, Frieza Saga, Trunks Saga, and Dragon Ball Z: Revival of "F", which means he could have escaped from the Saiyan planet via the launch center after evacuating as many of Frieza's personnel as he could. This plot hole was somewhat corrected in Dragon Ball Z Kai.
- It is assumed Malaka managed to survive his boss, Frieza's attack on Planet Vegeta, if he didn't then it was another member of this race who treated Vegeta on Planet Frieza 79 after his deadly battle on Earth.
- In Dragon Ball Z Kai, Malaka appears in the first episode of the first arc, and the first episode of the second and third arc.