Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Meet Me in the Ring (悟空と悟飯... ヒーロー親子究極レベルアップ, Goku to Gohan... Hiiro Oyako Kyukyoku Levelu Appu) is the third episode of the Cell Games Saga and the one hundred sixty-eighth overall episode in the uncut Dragon Ball Z series. The episode first aired on December 9, 1992. Its original American air date was November 14, 2000.
All across the globe, the good citizens of Earth are in a panic as they flee their towns to escape Cell's looming vengeance. Meanwhile, everyone on Kami's Lookout is expecting for Goku and Gohan to emerge from the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. With their Battle Armor all tattered and damaged, Goku and Gohan emerge out as Super Saiyans, to everyone's surprise. Goku asks Mr. Popo whether the clothes he left are there, and Mr. Popo says yes and gets his Gi. Then, Goku and Gohan demand for food seeing as they had not eaten for some time and gobble it up hungrily, which Goku explains is due to the fact that him and Gohan could not cook well so it had been a long time since they had eaten a home cooked meal. Gohan asks Piccolo for clothes like Piccolo himself, so Piccolo uses his Magic Materialization to change Gohan's clothes. As Vegeta asks whether Goku can beat Cell, Goku asks how strong Cell is and the current situation as he does not know how Cell reached his Perfect form.
Using Instant Transmission, Goku goes to the Cell Games Arena. Goku and Cell enter a stand off, and Cell declares that the fate of the universe will be here. Then, the sky turns dark, thunder and lightning is seen, and a flashback of Cell reaching his perfect form is shown. Goku declares that he will be the first to fight Cell in the ring so he leaves all the others out of this. Goku says that Cell is not the first person who has tried to rule the universe by his evil ways, and then he returns to the lookout. There, Future Trunks asks whether Goku can beat Cell, and Goku says he does not stand a chance right now.
- Goku and Gohan emerge from the Hyperbolic Time Chamber as Super Saiyan Full Powers.
- Goku decides to meet Cell at the Cell Games Arena, creating natural disasters with the clash of their energies alone while staring at each other.
- (Goku and Gohan are gorging on the food Mr. Popo prepared for them, as though they had not eaten in the longest possible time)
- Goku: (With his mouth full of noodles, muffles unintelligibly)
- Piccolo: All right, Goku. Why don't you try saying that without your mouth full?
- Goku: (Exchanges puzzled expressions with Gohan, and then sucks the rest of his noodles and swallows)
- Piccolo: (Disgusted) Ugh... disgusting...
- Goku: What I was saying was that Gohan and I can't cook very well, so it's been a long time since we've had a home-cooked meal.
- When Bulma is looking at Android 16's data, there is a picture of Goku attacking Frieza on Namek and another picture of Goku as a Super Saiyan, though Dr. Gero did not add any information on the battle to himself and Android 19, since he thought he had observed enough through the tracking device before Goku went to planet Namek. This mistake was corrected in Dragon Ball Z Kai, in which the pictures of Goku on Namek were edited out of Android 16's displayed data.
- Erroneously, Goku states (in the Funimation dub) that he hasn't seen Cell since Android 18's absorption, when in actuality, it was Android 17.