Merus (メルス Merusu) is the number one elite patrolman of the Galactic Patrol.
Merus appears to be a young purple-skinned humanoid man. He has a bowl haircut and a lean athletic build. Merus wears a dark jumpsuit with stripes on the sides of his arms, torso, and legs. He also has a jacket that covers his chest and shoulders. The Galactic Patrol insignia is on his chest. Merus is equipped with bluetooth like devices on both ears, which have antennae.
Merus is a very serious individual and will do anything to see a mission through, as he states he did not hold back during the mission to stop the Macareni siblings. He does not seem to overestimate his abilities and power, as he doesn't brag about his power to Vegeta and admits Moro is much more powerful than he is. He also holds Goku and Vegeta in high regard as he is eager to ask them for help in completing his mission.
Dragon Ball Super
Galactic Patrol Prisoner Saga
Main article: Galactic Patrol Prisoner Saga
Merus is the strongest Galatic Patrolman. His prowess and efficiency has placed him charge of 104 districts. He is capable of moving so fast that neither Goku nor Vegeta in their base forms could see him - allowing him to get behind them and incapacitate them with his Stun Gun. Later, while watching Merus work, Vegeta was impressed with Merus' power - noting that Merus was too fast for him to see move and was shocked that he was able to sabotage the engine of the criminal spaceship in such a short amount of time. Later, Vegeta asked if he was hiding his power, although Merus stated he wasn't holding back in any way. Merus appears to not have the ability to fly or utilize ki attacks, since he's never been shown to use either. Additionally, Merus acknowledges Moro is on a completely different level than himself.
Techniques and Special Abilities
- Unreadable ki - Vegeta notes that Merus' ki is unreadable.
- Hikou - The ability to fly using his jet boots.
- Elite Beam - The user draws a standard Galactic Police issue Ray Gun and fires a beam of energy at the opponent. Alternatively, a user can use their ki to fire an energy beam in a similar fashion.
- Ray Gun - Guns that fire laser beams capable of massive damage to a normal being, but useless to one with a higher power level.
- Stun Gun - It delivers an electric shock aimed at temporarily disrupting muscle functions and/or inflicting pain without causing significant injury.
- Dragon Ball Super