Meteor Attacks, also called Meteor Smashes, are ultimate special attacks introduced in the Butōden fighting game series.
Meteor Attacks are secret combo that are performed as desperation moves when the character's life meter has greatly decreased. All the playable characters can perform a meteor attack in the Butōden series, except some characters in the first Dragon Ball Z: Super Butōden, Captain Ginyu in Dragon Ball Z: Buyū Retsuden, and Supreme Kai and Android 18 in Dragon Ball Z: Super Butōden 3.
In Dragon Ball Z: The Legend, Meteor Attacks take place in a cutscene and finish off the opponent when one side of their life meter is depleted. In Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2, techniques similar to Meteor Attacks are called Ultimate K.O.
In the Budokai Tenkaichi series, Meteor Attacks are a series of Blast 2 attacks with the word "Meteor" included in the name. They usually include a barrage of punches and kicks, sometimes ended with a Ki Blast. Meteor Attacks in the Budokai Tenkaichi series are mainly used by Goku. Meteor Attacks are also used in Dragon Ball: Raging Blast and Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 as melee Super Attacks.
In the Xenoverse series, three Meteor Attacks (Meteor Blow, Meteor Strike, & Meteor Crash) appear as common rush based Super Skills used by various characters. Vados has a Meteor attack variation of her Destruction's Concerto called Destruction's Concerto: Meteor. There are also a few Meteor Attacks that appear as Ultimate Skills such as Death Meteor, Meteor Burst, and Gigantic Meteor.
Meteor Attacks in the Budokai Tenkaichi, Raging Blast, & Xenoverse series include:
- Meteor Blast
- Meteor Blow
- Meteor Break
- Meteor Combination
- Meteor Crash
- Meteor Impact
- Meteor Smash
- Meteor Strike
There are a few attacks that have Meteor in the name but are energy attacks. These are used by different characters.
- Blaster Meteor
- Giga Meteor Storm
- Gigantic Meteor (also known as Omega Blaster)
- Meteor Ball
- Meteor Burst (also known as Meteor Burst in Xenoverse 2)
- Destruction's Concerto: Meteor
- The name Meteor is commonly used as the name of Goku's rushes from the Budokai Tenkaichi series. Except for one attack, the Meteor Break used by Turles (a character who looks a lot like Goku).
- Characters who have Meteor in the attack name have been know to have a close relation to Goku (Bardock being Goku's dad, Parallel Broly having a Vendetta against Goku, Turles looking just like Goku, and Vegeta being Goku's friend/rival).
- "Meteor" along with "Mystic", "Explosive", and "Death" have been common names for attacks.