Captain Ginyu holds his right or left hand forwards, and then releases a strong purple wave of energy from it. Milky Cannon is used by Captain Ginyu many times during his fight with Goku. This attack is quite powerful as it makes a large crater on Namek. In the anime, Ginyu also fires a Milky Cannon at Jeice as a warning not to interrupt again his fight against Goku.
Appearances in games
The technique was named Milky Cannon in the Budokai series, Dragon Ball Heroes, and Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z. It is called Super Energy Wave in Dragon Ball Z II: Gekishin Freeza, Full Power Energy Wave in Dragon Ball Z: Legend of the Super Saiyan and the Budokai Tenkaichi series (as one of Ginyu's Blast 2), Ginyu Dynamite Blast in the Butōden series, Genius Dynamite Attack in Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22, and Meteo Attack in Dragon Ball Z: The Legend. It is also used in Dragon Ball Z Arcade. In Ultimate Battle 22, in addition to the regular Milky Cannon, Ginyu uses an overhand variation called Painful Awakening.
In Dragon Ball: Xenoverse, it is one of Ginyu's super skills. When trapped in Ginyu's body, the Future Warrior can also use the skill, and they can learn it by taking Ginyu on as a Master and completing his second training mission. As part of the GT DLC Pack 1, Nappa gains a 4th moveset which features the Milky Cannon as one of his skills. This version of Nappa takes Ginyu's place as a member of the Neo Ginyu Force.
In Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butōden, it appears under the name Ginyu Cannon.
- Dynamite Pressure – A variation of the Milky Cannon used by Ginyu while he is in Goku's body.
- Galaxy Dynamite – The Energy Wave Barrage version of the Milky Cannon that Captain Ginyu uses against Goku in the anime.
- Triple Milky Cannon – A stronger version of the Milky Cannon that is one of Captain Ginyu's super attacks in Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit.
- Visionary Attack – The Finger Beam version used by Captain Ginyu against Goku after using the Galaxy Dynamite. Named in the Dragon Ball Z Collectible Card Game.
- Genocide Shell - Nappa's own version which produces 4 stationary Energy Spheres that appears in Dragon Ball: Xenoverse.
- Super Milky Cannon - A more powerful variation of the Milky Cannon used by Ginyuman in Dragon Ball Fusions.