Easily the most unusual-looking of the three, Misokatsun is an enormous yellow ball of putty with a mechanical interior, and while he looks sluggish, he is actually quite fast and sports large claws. Similar to the previous villain, Buyon, his main ability is his incredible flexibility, which allows him to deflect attacks off his rubbery belly.
The World's Strongest
Main article: Dragon Ball Z: The World's Strongest
Alongside Ebifurya and Kishime, he is unleashed to fight Master Roshi, and deflects a Kamehameha off of his stomach back at Roshi. Later, when Goku arrives at Wheelo's fortress, Misokatsun emerges from under the ice under Goku's feet outside of Dr. Wheelo's fortress. Goku tries to punch him in the belly, but his hand only sinks in. Afterward, Misokatsun chases Goku into the first level of the fortress and fights him there. Misokatsun is then killed, when Goku plows straight through him with a Kaio-ken, stretching his body beyond its limits and literally bursting him like a balloon.
Main article: Dragon Ball Z: Fusion Reborn
Misokatsun was shown to have the strength to hurt Goku and his elasticity allowed him to withstand attacks that otherwise would have killed him. He was immediately beaten once Goku used the Kaio-ken technique however.
- Statements & Guidebooks
- Flight – Misokatsun has the ability to fly with the use of ki, as shown in Fusion Reborn.
- Ki Blast – The most basic form of energy wave. Used in Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Super Flexible Body – Thanks to his fat and flexible body, Misokatsun can stop and/or bounce back his opponents' attacks.
- Turning Attack – Misokatsun charges his ki and slams into the opponent. It is his super attack in the arcade game Dragon Ball Heroes.
Video Game Apperances
- Japanese: Daisuke Gōri (originally), Tsuyoshi Koyama (Dragon Ball Heroes)
- Brazilian Portuguese dub: Mauro Castro
- Misokatsun's name is derived from a variety of katsu (deep-fried breaded pork) famous to Nagoya, Japan; the katsu is either dipped in a miso-based sauce or the sauce is poured over it before serving.
- Misokatsun is similar to Buyon from the original Dragon Ball. Both enemies have fat, rubbery bodies that absorb the force of punches and kicks, and can deflect ki attacks like the Kamehameha.
- Misokatsun also shares a strong resemblance with King Gurumes in his mutated form, as well as Drum, Dodoria, and Wings.