Through the use of his belt, Katopesla upon shouting "Mode change!" will transform into any mode the user wishes in order to adapt to the varying environment. Depending on what the user chooses, the belt will cause the user to shine a different color, shine yellow, and make a siren sound before transforming. Once transformed, the user will take on the different color, boosting a certain trait the user chooses by 300x it's normal amount.
Katopesla uses this in order to battle Frieza, transforming into his Whirlwind Speed Mode. The speed granted by the mode was enough to seem as if he teleported somewhere, but Frieza did not follow with him. He was later in this same mode when he confronted Android 18. He was able to overwhelm 18 in this form and went behind her without her seeing him. Katopesla's fist was caught by Android 17 however, who had come out of nowhere. Android 17 then punched Katopesla in the stomach, and shot him with a ki blast, sending Katopesla flying away. Katopesla went on to utilize his Raging Battle Mode against Vegeta but was easily beaten.
While not seen, Katopesla also has modes starting with "A", "C" and "D".
- Whirlwind Speed Mode (疾風のスピードモード Shippū no Supīdo Mōdo, lit. Gale Speed Mode): A mode used to make the user several times faster, described by Katopesla to be 300 times so. In this mode, the user's suit changes to red, with the belt now having a red S on the center.
- Raging Battle Mode (怒涛のバトルモード Dotou no Batoru Mōdo, lit. Upheaval/ Rushing Battle Mode): A mode used to increase the user's power by 300x. In this mode, the user's suit turns yellow, his visor turns red, with the belt and suit now having a yellow B on the center.
- Ultimate Mode (疾風怒涛のアルティメットモード Shippū Dotou no Arutimetto Mōdo, lit. Gale Upheaval/ Rushing Ultimate Mode): A mode used to increase the user's attack power and attack speed 300x. In this mode, the user's suit turns purple, his visor turns green, with the belt and suit now having a purple U in the center.
- An unknown mode represented by a white A.
- An unknown mode represented by a purple C.
- An unknown mode represented by a blue D.