The narrator is the storyteller of Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball GT, Dragon Ball Z Kai, and Dragon Ball Super. He is mostly present in the intros and outros of episodes. He is rarely present in the main bulk of an episode.
In some of the dubbed Dragon Ball media, there are various narrators, changing as the series progresses.
- Japanese: Jōji Yanami, Naoki Tatsuta (Dragon Ball Super episodes 12~ temporarily)
- Ocean Group dub: Jim Conrad (1995 Dragon Ball dub), Doc Harris (Dragon Ball Z)
- Blue Water dub: Steve Olson (Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball GT)
- FUNimation dub: Brice Armstrong (Dragon Ball), Christopher Sabat (Dragon Ball movies 2-3), John Swasey (Dragon Ball Movie 1), Dale Kelly (DBZ seasons 3-6 originally), Kyle Hebert (DBZ Seasons 7-9, entire remastered release, most video games), Andrew Chandler (Dragon Ball GT), Doc Morgan (Dragon Ball Z Kai, other media onwards)
- AB Group dub: Paul Bandey
- Latin American dub: Carlos Becerril (DB Episodes 1-60), José Lavat (DB remainder, DBZ, DBGT Episodes 1-9, DBZKai), Joaquín Martal (DBGT remainder)
- Brazilian Portuguese dub: Jonas Mello (original Dragon Ball 1996 dub), Daoiz Cabezudo (Dragon Ball Z, Movies, Dragon Ball 2002 redub episodes 1-60, Dragon Ball 2006 redub), Pedro (Dragon Ball GT, Dragon Ball 2002 redub episodes 61-153), Carlos Campanile (Dragon Ball 2006 redub; only in the last episodes, after Daoiz Cabezudo dies), Gilberto Rocha Jr. (Dragon Ball Z Kai), Fernando Lizeda (Battle of Gods and Resurrection F)
- Portuguese dub: Antônio Semedo, Paulo Espírito Santo(DBGT Special)
- Italian dub: Mario Scarabelli
- Spanish dub: Vicente Gil, Juan Velilla, José Félix Pons, Xavier de Llorens and Matías Molina (DB Episodes 1-26, the Narrator changed ramdomly), Jorge Tomé (DB Episodes 27-153, DBZ, DBGT, all the movies)
- Serbian dub: Dragan Vujić, Vujke (DB Episodes 1-153, DBZ Episodes 1-52)
- Croatian dub: Kruno Belko (DB, DBZ; Note: DBGT did not air in Croatia)
- Catalan dub: Enric Isasi-Isasmendi
- Polish dub: Wojicech Paszkowski (Dragon Ball Z Movie 12)