The narrator is the storyteller of Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball GT, and Dragon Ball Z Kai. He is mostly present in the last episode previews and at the end of episodes. He is rarely present in the mainstream episode.
In some of the dubbed Dragon Ball media, there are various narrators, changing as the series progresses.
- Japanese: Jōji Yanami
- Westwood dub: Jim Conrad (1995 Dragon Ball dub), Doc Harris (Dragon Ball Z), Steve Olson (Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball GT)
- Funimation Dub: Brice Armstrong (Dragon Ball), Christopher Sabat (Dragon Ball movies 2-3), John Swasey (Dragon Ball Movie 1), Dale Kelly (DBZ seasons 3-6 originally), Kyle Hebert (DBZ Seasons 7-9, entire remastered release, most video games), Andrew Chandler (Dragon Ball GT), Doc Morgan (Dragon Ball Z Kai, other media onwards)
- Latin American Dub: Carlos Becerril (DB Episodes 1-60), José Lavat (DB remainder, DBZ, DBGT Episodes 1-9, DBZKai), Joaquín Martal (DBGT remainder)
- Portuguese Dub: António Semedo
- Italian Dub: Mario Scarabelli
- Spanish Dub: Vicente Gil, Juan Velilla, José Félix Pons, Xavier de Llorens and Matías Molina (DB Episodes 1-26, the Narrator changed ramdomly), Jorge Tomé (DB Episodes 27-153, DBZ, DBGT, all the movies)
- Serbian Dub: Dragan Vujić, Vujke (DB Episodes 1-153, DBZ Episodes 1-52)
- Croatian Dub: Kruno Belko (DB, DBZ; Note: DBGT did not air in Croatia)