"Excellent. They both seem to be in perfect working order."
Nightmare Comes True (そして恐怖が現実に... 目覚める17号と18号!! Soshite Kyofu ga Genjitsu ni... Mezameru Ju-Nanago to Ju-Hachigo!!) is the eighth episode of the Androids Saga and the one hundred thirty-third overall episode in the uncut Dragon Ball Z series. The episode first aired on April 1, 1992. Its original American air date was September 25, 2000.
At Goku's House, Goku has a nightmare battling against the Androids as Chi-Chi tries to reassure him.
On the way back, Bulma and Yajirobe tell Gohan to take them home. When Bulma mentions Goku, Gohan realizes that checking on Goku and seeing if he is okay is urgent and he then flies away at high speed with Bulma and Yajirobe still on his back.
Meanwhile, the remaining Z Fighters arrive at North City and decide to split up in their search. Dr. Gero runs toward his lab but a nearby hunter takes a shot at him thinking him to be a deer. When Dr. Gero retaliates, Krillin is able to close in on his location but is attacked by surprise and easily defeated. Dr. Gero attempts to kill Krillin but see's a nearby Piccolo and chooses not to draw his attention and heads to his lab however Krillin manages to follow him to his laboratory and signals the others.
While the Z Fighters try to break in, Dr. Gero activates Android 17 and Android 18, who are not inclined to be under his control. Android 17 steals the deactivation switch from Dr. Hero's hand as Vegeta blasts down the door to the lab. The Z-Fighters come face to face with the Androids that Future Trunks had warned them about.
- Androids 17 and Android 18 are released.
- Goku (Super Saiyan) vs. Android 19 and Android 20 (Dream)
- Krillin vs. Dr. Gero
Differences from the manga
- The nightmare sequence involving Goku battling the Androids is exclusive to the anime.
- The scene with Gohan taking Bulma, Trunks and Yajirobe home is exclusive to the anime.
- The scene with the hunter who takes a shot at Dr. Gero and the follow up fight between him and Krillin is exclusive to the anime.
- The farmer (or a lookalike) from the first Dragon Ball Z episode appears in this episode.
- The monster Gero turns into in Goku's nightmare resembles Majin Buu, in that it is a pink humanoid whose body has elastic properties similar to Buu's. It is show to have somewhat liquified its arm to choke Goku, in the same fashion that Buu uses his body to attack his opponents.
- In the remastered dub, when Goku is being choked in his nightmare, he is given added dialogue: 'What's going on? I've never seen anyone or anything quite like him before.
- When Gero's remote was snatched by Android 17, his right hand is seen completely intact despite the fact it had been cut off by Piccolo in the episode "More Androids?!" Moments later it is seen severed once again.
- Android 17 and Android 18 make their debut in this episode.