He is the same race as Appule, except he is yellow with large fangs, no spots on his body, and red eyes.
Main article: Namek Saga This soldier is the one who finds the Namekian village that Vegeta had attacked for its Dragon Ball. He interrogates the only survivor, and learns that it was Vegeta's doing. He then kills the Namekian and returns to Frieza's ship to report.
He lets it slip that he killed the survivor without first asking where Vegeta may have hidden the Dragon Ball, angering Frieza, who then kills Orlen without a second thought, zapping him with Eye Lasers as Zarbon watched (in the Ocean dub, Frieza killed him for cowardice instead, as he did not want to stay where Vegeta might be), which also was intended to be a demonstration to Zarbon as to what would happen if he failed to locate Vegeta.
- Video games
Video Game Appearances
This yellow soldier appears as a recurring foe under the name Orlen (オーレン, Ōren; renamed "Bugy" or "Shuku" in English versions) in Dragon Ball Z: Super Saiya Densetsu.
Orlen is also a playable character in Dragon Ball: Xenoverse, alongside Appule, Nabana, Robery, and Ramon.
Techniques and Special Abilities
- Flight – The ability to fly with the use of ki.
- Ki Blast – The most basic form of energy wave. Used to kill the only survivor of Tsuno's village.
- Exploding Wave – One of Orlen's techniques in Dragon Ball Z: Legend of the Super Saiyan.
- Afterimage – A technique used by Orlen in Dragon Ball: Xenoverse. Used to evade the opponent's attack.
- Consecutive Energy Bullets – A barrage wave of Ki Blast used at once. Used in Dragon Ball: Xenoverse.
- Full Power Charge – A technique used to boost the users ki up to use more attacks. Used in Dragon Ball: Xenoverse.
- Meteor Crash – A combination of punches and kicks lashed out on the opponent.
- Full Power Energy Blast Volley – Orlen's Ultimate Attack. He unleashes a barrage of ki blasts at the opponent in a wide range.
- Japanese: Kazumi Tanaka (Dragon Ball Z), Yusuke Numata (Dragon Ball Z Kai)
- In the manga, it is Appule who discovers the village Vegeta destroyed, and upon returning to report, Frieza does not kill him but orders him to summon The Ginyu Force.
- In the edited airings of Dragon Ball Z Kai, Frieza does not kill Orlen; he merely calls for Appule and before Appule comes in, Orlen is gone and is not shown again at all from that point on the series.
- While his name was never directly stated by anyone in the show and it was first seen in the subtitles of the Ocean dub version of the series and later in the credits in Funimation's Dragon Box.
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 establishes that Orlen's primary role is intelligence gathering, a talent that he claims to have picked up from his father, who was a reporter.
- Orlen's name likely comes from the fruit, the orange.