Pan Blasts Off (主役は私!パン宇宙に飛び立つ!!, Shuyaku wa Watashi! Pan Uchu ni Tobitatsu!!) is the second episode of the Black Star Dragon Ball Saga and the second overall episode of Dragon Ball GT. The episode first aired on February 14, 1996. Its original American air date was February 12, 2005.
While Bulma, Videl, and Gohan prepare a ship that will be used to gather the Black Star Dragon Balls from space as Gohan prepares to help his father find all the seven Black Star Dragon Balls, Pan becomes upset at how the others view her as a child, because she is too young to go. During the construction of the ship, Pan wanted to help, but was turned down twice. While in the ship, Pan kicked a wall out of frustration, which caused one of the stabilizer jets to loosen (which comes back to cause problems very soon). In the meantime, Goku is kidnapped by two men seeking to gain a ransom from a not-so-worried Bulma and Vegeta. Both men, however, are easily scared away when they figure out how strong Goku is.
Gohan initially agreed to go with Goku, but Goten and Trunks are "drafted" into the journey to find the Black Star Dragon Balls instead by Vegeta because he says they have gotten soft in this time of peace. Which means that Trunks will be relieved of his duties as the president of Capsule Corporation and Goten will be separated from his girlfriend, much to Goten and Trunks' dismay. As Goku, Trunks, and Goten are about to get into the ship for departure, Goten is interrupted by a call by his girlfriend.
While Goten is on the phone, Goku and Trunks enter the ship to find Pan having taken control of the ship against Gohan and Videl's orders and sets the ship for take-off, leaving Goten behind (Not so bad for him and his girlfriend). Goku and Trunks now find themselves taking Pan with them. As the ship leaves Earth, a small circuit falls and lands by Bulma's foot, who wonders fearfully what part of the ship it belongs to.
- This episode had the highest rating for the Dragon Ball GT series on Fuji TV, with 19.7% rating share.
- When Videl yells at Pan, her eyes are black.
- When Trunks arrives at Capsule Corporation, Otokosuki, who faced Trunks in the 28th World Martial Arts Tournament, is seen admiring him.
- When Vegeta makes his first appearance in this episode, his hair is shorter than in Dragon Ball Z, but in the Perfect Cell Saga, he said that a Saiyan's hair never changes. A possible explanation is that Saiyan's hair grow to some specific size, and does not get any longer. It is possible that Vegeta just shears his hair in that time and did not let them grow back to normal size or shape by shearing regularly.
- The two men who try to kidnap Goku resemble the two kidnappers in the 1990s Home Alone films.
- In the FUNimation dub, Susan Huber replaces Kara Edwards for the voice of Videl during Dragon Ball GT.
en:Pan Viaja na Nave Espacial