Babidi says "paparapapa" to perform various actions:
- Teleportation – Babidi can teleport people to various places. This is first shown during the fight with Pui Pui where he teleports them to Zoon, Pui Pui's home planet.
- Crystal Ball – Babidi uses this word to watch the fight between Vegeta and Pui Pui on his Crystal Ball.
- Babidi's Mind Control – Babidi says the word while he is bringing people under his control.
- Demon Eye – He says it in his fight with Piccolo to use the magic slime spell in an anime filler.
- Revival – Babidi can revive people with this word during the Babidi's Spaceship stage in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2.
- Summoning – Babidi uses the word when summoning Pui Pui (Pui Pui Nice Shot) or Yakon (Yakon Is Next!) to attack his opponent in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
- Babidi's Ultimate Power – He says this while using his Ultimate Power in Budokai Tenkaichi 3.
- In the Japanese version of the Hanna-Barbera cartoon Shazzan, the titular genie (called "Daimao Shazzan", with daimao in this case meaning "Great Magical King" instead of "Great Demon King") says the phrase "Paparapah!" whenever he uses his magic. This chant became a popular phrase among kids at the time, with Akira Toriyama being 12 when this anime originally aired in Japan. Since Shazzan is a genie and the whole show is based on the Arabian Nights, this would be another bit of Arabian Nights influence on the Buu arc.