"That human doesn't stand a chance. His majesty's power is unequaled!"
Piano (ピアノ, Piano) is the first son King Piccolo creates after his release from the Electric Rice Cooker. He is a very intelligent, pterodactyl-like Namekian, and is the longest living member of King Piccolo's Mutated Namek sons, witnessing his father seemingly kill the young warrior Goku and surviving long enough to see the beginning of the final showdown between his father and Goku.
Piano is very loyal to his family and father, and never had doubts about his father's abilities, considering his father far greater than anything else. An example being when Shu, Mai and Emperor Pilaf thought Goku had defeated elderly King Piccolo, while Piano states that his father was much stronger than they thought. He is also very intelligent.
King Piccolo Saga
Main article: King Piccolo Saga
Unlike King Piccolo's other sons, Piano was not a fighter-class Namekian and can be closer compared to young Dende on Namek with Guru, serving as his father's attendant. Throughout his whole appearance, Piano assisted his father with plans and ideas, and let Tambourine and Cymbal fight, until they were killed. Mere moments after his brother Drum's death at the hands of Goku, Piano is caught in the fight between his father and Goku when Goku punches King Piccolo, sending him flying into Piano and wounding Piano. After the fight between King Piccolo and Goku ensues, Piano can be seen sinking into the rubble, which apparently kills Piano as he falls underground.
Techniques and special abilities
- Flight – The ability to fly with the used of ki.
- Shapeshifting and Mimicry – Piano possesses the ability to transform his opponent and use their techniques, as used in the video game Dragon Ball 3: Gokuden when he turns into a fake Goku. While in this form Piano appears identical to Goku, other than that his skin is light green in color, his hair has a green outline, and his outfit is green as well.
- Rock, Scissors 'N' Paper – While in the form of Goku, Piano can use this technique.
Video game appearances
Piano is an enemy who takes Goku's form to fight Goku in Dragon Ball 3: Gokuden. He appears in Dragon Ball Z: Super Gokuden: Totsugeki-Hen and Dragon Ball: Revenge of King Piccolo, and makes a brief cameo appearance in the introduction movie of Dragon Ball Z: Sagas.
- Japanese: Masato Hirano
- FUNimation dub: Sonny Strait
- Blue Water dub: Corby Proctor
- Latin American dub: Ernesto Lezama
- Portuguese dub: António Semedo
- Piano's name is an obvious pun of the musical instrument, the piano.
- Piano once noticed the puns of Piccolo's sons' names, when Cymbal is born. When Piccolo names Cymbal, Piano says with sarcasm: "A musical instrument. Didn't see that one coming, King Piccolo."
- In the episode "Siege on Chow Castle", Piano can be seen eating corn, even though he is a Namekian (who only need to drink water as nourishment). On another occasion, in the episode "Awaken Darkness", Piano can be seen forcing a bunch of cooks and maids to make a banquet for King Piccolo to celebrate his world takeover, even though King Piccolo is a Namekian. There is a possible explanation, as King Piccolo was part of the Nameless Namekian, and thus never knew he was an alien (and this is only revealed to Piccolo Jr. in Dragon Ball Z when told by Vegeta). It may be assumed that having thought himself human, the Nameless Namekian (and therefore Kami and King Piccolo) was unaware that he only needed water as sustenance.
- In the FUNimation dub, it is implied that Piano was simply stunned or hurt, while he did not make any sounds after being crushed in the Japanese dub. Just like the Japanese dub, the edited English dub has Piano making no noise after King Piccolo landed on him.
- In Master Roshi's past, one of the mutated Namekian offspring he faces has pterodactyl features like Piano, but more closely resembles Tambourine.
- Piano briefly appeared in the second opening of Dragon Ball (the opening is currently in the Japanese version only).
- Piano does not appear in Dragon Ball: Daimaō Fukkatsu, the first console game based on the King Piccolo Saga, but a pink alien-like spawn named Organ replaces Piano as King Piccolo's personal aide.
|Castes||Dragon Clan (Dende Priest, Poko Priest) • Warrior-type Namekian (Shadow Knight, Dark Warrior) • Mutated Nameks • Dark Namekians|
|Namekians||Bongo • Cargo • Cymbal • Dende/Future Dende • Drum • Gamelan • Guru • Kagyu • Kami • Katas • King Piccolo • Lord Slug • Maima • Moori/Future Moori • Nail • Nameless Namekian • Naraka • Piano • Piccolo/Future Piccolo • Tambourine • Tsumuri • Tsumuri (Namekian Hero) • Tsuno • Ukelele • Unnamed Namekian warrior|
|Fusions||Den-Goku • Prilin • Unnamed fusion of Piccolo and Dr. Mashirito|
|Transformations|| Great Namek (Super Giant-Form)|
Red-eyed Namekian form
|Related articles||Ajisa • Battle on Planet Namek • Lord Piccolo • Lord Slug's spaceship • Namekian Dragon Balls • Namekian Frog • Namekian language • Nameless Namek's spaceship • New Namek • Birthing an Egg • Porunga|