Piccolo's Plan (ピッコロの切り札! 悟飯は泣きむしクン, Pikkoro no Kirifuda! Gohan wa Nakimushikun; lit. "Piccolo's Trump Card! Gohan the Little Crybaby") is the fourth episode of the Vegeta Saga and the entire Dragon Ball Z series. Its original Japanese air date was May 17, 1989. Its original American air date was June 20, 2005. It features Son Goku and Piccolo Jr. facing off against Raditz and Piccolo's first time using his Special Beam Cannon on Raditz.
As Goku and Piccolo charge towards Raditz to attack, he kicks out backwards and sends them rolling away. He then fires a Double Sunday that destroys Piccolo's left arm. Piccolo, now with only one arm, reveals that he has a secret ace up his sleeve, but will need some time before he can charge up this new attack. Thus, Goku is given the job to stall Raditz for five minutes. Goku and Raditz begin their fight, but once again Goku is unable to keep up with Raditz. He is sent crashing to the ground, and even after unleashing a Kamehameha, Goku is unable to do any kind of damage to Raditz. Raditz then blasts Goku out of the sky with Saturday Crush.
But the time is enough and Piccolo fires his most powerful attack, which he had originally designed to use against Goku: the Special Beam Cannon. The Cannon almost hits Raditz dead-on. However, Raditz is able to dodge it, which completely horrifies Piccolo. The attack did nothing but injure Raditz's shoulder and damage his armor.
- Behind You! - Used by Raditz to counter Goku and Piccolo, who moved behind him to attack.
- Double Sunday - Used by Raditz when Goku and Piccolo charges towards him. The two barely dodges the attack, with Piccolo losing his left arm.
- Bending Kamehameha - Used by Goku while distracting Raditz, but Raditz blocks the attack.
- Saturday Crush - Used by Raditz to knock down Goku after blocking his Kamehameha.
- Special Beam Cannon - Used by Piccolo in an attempt to defeat Raditz, but the Saiyan dodges the attack, only sustaining minor injuries.
- When Chi-Chi sees how well Gohan did on his classwork, she says he may become an astronaut and, if he works hard enough, will be able to visit other planets. Ironically, Gohan leaves his studies to travel to Namek in the following saga.
- Piccolo's Power Level while charging up the Special Beam Cannon for the first time was read by Raditz to be over 1000.