- This article is about the character portrayed in live-action by Chow-Yun Fan. For the original character, see Master Roshi.
"Two-thousand years ago, the Earth was nearly destroyed. Not by man, but by gods from the sky. Their names were Piccolo and Oozaru."
Roshi (武天老師) is a character in the 2009 film Dragonball Evolution. He is an adaptation of Master Roshi, the inventor of the Kamehameha technique in Akira Toriyama's Dragon Ball franchise, and is portrayed by Chow Yun-Fat.
Roshi is the former student of Sifu Norris (resembling Master Mutaito), the martial artist responsible for sealing Lord Piccolo away for centuries. In Dragonball Evolution, he accepts Goku as his pupil, but not before going on the quest to find the seven Dragon Balls before Piccolo can find them. Goku accidentally kills him while transformed as Oozaru. He is wished back to life with the Dragon Balls.
- Shadow Crane Strike – An agile martial arts technique Roshi uses against Goku.
- Kamehameha – A powerful wave of energy, that Roshi uses (at one time) to heal Goku.
- Mafuba – The spell that Roshi uses in an attempt to trap Lord Piccolo in a container.
- Ki Blast Cannon – Roshi uses this in the video game adaption of the movie.