Saiyan beyond God (神を超えたサイヤ人, Kami wo koeta Saiya-jin) is an empowered state of being undertaken by Saiyans who achieve the ability to utilize the power of Super Saiyan God in their base form without taking on the appearance of the form.
Concept and creation
This state was named by the arcade game Dragon Ball Heroes. In-game, some cards allow Goku to actually transform into the state. Also in-game, the appearance differs from their regular base form, showing sharper and more stern eyes.
When Saiyan beyond God is activated, the user does not suffer from any significant change in his appearance beyond the constant presence of the white aura while he fights.
Usage and power
The existence of this form was first hinted at by Akira Toriyama in an interview, where he noted that after Battle of Gods Goku realized that fully mastering the base and the Super Saiyan forms would lead to increasing the user's level more than the Super Saiyan 2 and Super Saiyan 3 forms, and also sap less energy than them. In the anime only this state is shown to be superior to Super Saiyan God, as while fighting Frieza as a Saiyan beyond God, it is noted by Krillin and Gohan that they could not see either Goku or Frieza's movements, while they had previously been able to see Super Saiyan God Goku and a suppressed Beerus' movements.
Goku obtains this state by taking on and then dropping out of Super Saiyan God yet was able to access part of the power without a physical change. Additionally a Saiyan who has become a "Saiyan beyond God" can eventually further transform into a Super Saiyan Blue once they have mastered control over their ki.
In the Resurrection ‘F’ manga and its movie version, Goku's Saiyan beyond God state is shown to be able to access part of the powers of Super Saiyan God, though without the godly ki or other benefits of the form. This power allowed Goku to compete against the trained Frieza's true form. In the movie, Goku clearly outmatched the tyrant. In the anime version, Frieza's power was somewhat on par with Goku in this state, although Goku was shown with a slight advantage.
Vegeta is said to have the power of Super Saiyan God, as he is able to transform into Super Saiyan Blue, meaning that he has godly ki, Vegeta also possesses the Saiyan beyond God state. His duplicate Copy-Vegeta and Vegito can also use it, as they both was shown capable of becoming a Super Saiyan Blue.
Video game appearances
- Dragon Ball Heroes - Appears as a transformation for Goku.
- Dragon Ball: Zenkai Battle - This state functions as Super Saiyan Blue Goku and Vegeta's base form in-game.
In Dragon Ball Heroes, this state makes is introduced in the first mission of the God Mission series (GDM1). When Super Saiyan Blue Goku is selected in Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butōden, he will briefly appear using it in the beginning of the fight, and will return into it at the end of fight.
- Although the Saiyans' power level in this state is obtained via the Super Saiyan God form, in the anime the ki of this state is not godly as it is shown in Dragon Ball Super that Goku's ki can still be felt by others in this state.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Can transform into Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan, which according to promotional material for the Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’ movie refers to Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan as a "Saiyan who has the power of Super Saiyan God, then proceeds to transform into a Super Saiyan".
- ↑ Saikyō Jump #6, 2014
- ↑ Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods, 2013
- ↑ Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’, 2015
- ↑ Promotional material for the movie and in Dragon Ball Xenoverse game series refer to Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan as a "Saiyan who has the power of Super Saiyan God, then proceeds to transform into a Super Saiyan".