"You should never judge a fight on the first fall."
He had long red-purple sideburns, a muscular body type, and a head that somewhat resembles a pickle.
Sansho is the strong and silent type of the group.
Main article: Dragon Ball Z: Dead Zone
Sansho is first seen when he attacks Piccolo with Ginger and Nicky. He and his comrades then kidnap Gohan at Goku's house in order to have the Dragon Ball on his hat. Later, Sansho and Ginger find and bring the last Dragon Balls to Garlic Jr. who summons Shenron and wishes for immortality. Sansho, Ginger and Nicky fight Goku after Goku arrives at Garlic Jr.'s fortress to save Gohan. At one point, Sansho becomes separated from his comrades and tries to attack Krillin but is stopped by Piccolo. Though he states that he does not need Ginger and Nicky's help to finish the Namekian off, he is still quickly slain after Piccolo punches him through several pillars and is killed by a Ki Blast.
Garlic Jr. Saga
Main article: Dragon Ball Z: Fusion Reborn Along with countless other Dragon Ball antagonists, Sansho makes a cameo appearance in the 1995 film Dragon Ball Z: Fusion Reborn when the residents of Hell make their escape to Earth.
As he is normally, Sansho is comparable to his ally Ginger who is strong enough to defeat Chi-Chi with a simply Kiai. In his Super state he is more powerful than before but even when fighting alongside Nicky and Ginger in the same state, they are on the losing side against Goku while still wearing his weighted clothing and he is easily beaten by Piccolo.
- Flight – The ability to fly with the use of ki.
- Energy Wave – The most basic form of Ki Blast. Used in Dragon Ball Z: Kyōshū! Saiyan.
- Unaju Fire – A fully-powered red energy wave shot from the palm. Named in Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Unnamed Spinning Technique – Nicky, Ginger, and Sansho spin around their opponent, forming a vortex where they all attack while flying around, and then catch the opponent and slam them into the ground.
Main article: Gigantification
Like other Makyans, Sansho can take on a buff form under certain circumstances. Sansho takes on his buff form while combating Goku.
Sansho is a boss in the video game Dragon Ball Z: Kyōshū! Saiyan; his power level is 1,300. His character model re-appears later in the game under the name "Cinnamon" (シナモン, Shinamon) as a common foe whose power level is 270.
Sansho is a playable character in the arcade game Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Japanese: Yukitoshi Hori
- Ocean dub: Ward Perry
- AB Group dub: Doug Rand (majority of Dead Zone), David Gasman (one line), Ed Marcus (one line)
- FUNimation dub: Eric Dillow
- Brazilian Portuguese dub: Mauro Castro
- "Sansho" is also the Japanese name for Sichuan pepper.
- While in the Japanese dub it is "Unaju" (eel rice), in the Ocean dub, his battle cry was "Pepperoni"; however, in the FUNimation dub, his battle cry has been changed to "Cheese!"; in the AB Groupe dub, his battle cry was simply "Ready, loser?" and in the Speedy dub it was "Yunago".
- Sansho was the only member of Garlic Jr.'s trio of villains from Dead Zone who did not share his name with a town featured in the Imperfect Cell Saga.
- In the AB Groupe dub of Dead Zone, he goes through three different voice actors.
|Leaders||Garlic • Garlic Jr.|
|Three Lords||Ginger • Nicky • Sansho|
|Four Monarchs||Mustard • Salt • Spice • Vinegar|
|Related articles||Black Water Mist • Dark Crystal • Dead Zone • Garlic Castle • Kami's Lookout • Makyo Star • Gigantification|