Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Saving Throw (父を救え!! 天をも焦がすトランクスの怒り, Chichi wo Sukue!! Ten womo Kogasu Torankusu no Ikari) is the eleventh episode of the Perfect Cell Saga and the one hundred sixty-third overall episode in the uncut Dragon Ball Z series. The episode first aired on November 4, 1992. Its original American air date was November 6, 2000.
Vegeta lies unconscious after an intense battle with Cell, and Future Trunks unleashes his hidden powers to save his father's life. Krillin then watches Super Saiyan Third Grade Future Trunks beat up Cell. Cell is getting outclassed in everyway. With Goku and Gohan still training in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber and the other fighters clearly out-leagued, Future Trunks is the only person standing in the evil Android's way. Cell says "Very good Trunks, I see that you have learned your fathers moves. Now let me show you how to use them properly!" Then Trunks goes in for a punch at Cell but Cell dodges it. Then he punches Future Trunks and kicks him to the ground. When Cell is just about to knock him out, Future Trunks gets out of the way, but Cell moves faster, reaches Future Trunks, and kicks him again. Future Trunks was just bluffing the whole time because when Cell is not looking he looks at Krillin and gives him a signal that says to take Vegeta away from the battle. Then Trunks gets up, and he and Cell start throwing punches at each other. After a while they start talking to each other. After that Trunks starts to power up and the scene changes to Kami's Lookout. Piccolo is talking about how Trunks is gone beyond the power of a Super Saiyan. The episode ends when it shows Trunks and Cell looking at each other.
- Future Trunks (Super Saiyan Second Grade) vs. Perfect Cell
- Future Trunks (Super Saiyan Third Grade) vs. Perfect Cell
- The FUNimation Entertainment title of this episode is a reference to the role-playing games in which a player can roll a set of dice to try and negate damage taken or status ailments received. This is known as a "saving throw".
- Though Trunks lands hits on Cell in this episode, this does not occur in the manga counterpart.
- There seems to be a minor inconsistency in regards to Goku and Gohan's Super Saiyan forms in this episode. While still serious-looking more than natural, their faces and hair are closer to that of a Full-Power Super Saiyan. It is not until the next episode that Goku suggests they stay Super Saiyans until it "feels natural" to them.
- Just before fighting Trunks, Cell refers to Saiyans being like roaches. Oddly enough, Cell himself has a physical composure similar to that of a bug.