Search for Survivors (やったか!?魔人ブウ大爆発 Yatta ka!? Majin Bū Daibakuhatsu)) is the eleventh episode of the Fusion Saga and the two hundred sixty-fourth overall episode in the original dubbed and the uncut Dragon Ball Z series. The episode first aired on May 17, 1995. Its original American air date was October 30, 2002.
Super Buu begins to grow angry as he fights a losing battle against Gohan. After taking even more punishment, he reveals that since his battle with Gotenks he could sense Gohan's powers growing in a far off place. Not wanting anyone to be stronger than himself. He self destructs with Gohan narrowly being able to rescue Piccolo, Goten and Trunks in time.
Gohan tells the others that Super Buu is not dead but has instead lowered his Ki and hidden himself away. Gohan asks where the Dragon Radar is as they will need to bring everyone back to life but Piccolo tells him that it wouldn't matter either way as Dende and the Dragon Balls are gone. However Gohan tells him to concentrate because he can still sense Dende is alive and the others soon go to retrieve him.
On their way to Dende, they see Mr. Satan and Bee and take them along. Soon after they find Dende who tells Piccolo of how Mr. Popo threw him off The Lookout so that the Dragon Balls could still be used to revive everyone, because without Dende, the balls would turn to stone, but the reunion doesn't last long as Super Buu returns, only one hour later. He then delivers a puzzling request, he wants a rematch with Gotenks, but it seems he has a plan, as the skin on his back begins to move.
- Super Buu escapes after destroying most of the surrounding area with the Revenge Bomber technique.
- Gohan and the others find Mr. Satan and Dende.
- Super Buu returns and demands a rematch with Gotenks.
- Gohan (Potential Unleashed) vs. Super Buu
Bruce Faulconer tracks
- "Kame's Tale" - When Dende reveals how he escaped the Lookout.
Differences from the manga
- The fight sequence shown at the start of the episode between Super Buu and Gohan was not seen in the manga as the two stopped fighting once Gohan got behind Super Buu with his superior speed.
- Mr. Satan along with Bee stopping off at a Saloon to rehydrate just as Super Buu's Revenge Bomber explosion hits is exclusive to the anime.
- Mr. Satan trying to get through to Super Buu by reminding him of their friendship and Bee is exclusive to the anime.
- At the beginning, when Super Buu is staring at Gohan, appearing to be scared, he has white eyes. This also appears when he is preparing a Gack! directly in front of Gohan, although he still has black eyes it is just the flash of light from the energy blast
- In an ironic way, when Mr. Satan calls out the sky for the angels to take him away, Piccolo swoops down and takes him away. Before learning Piccolo was an alien, Piccolo and his father were considered demons, the opposite of angels.
- In the Funimation dub, Piccolo suggests that Super Buu was merely using his fight with Gotenks as a warm up. This was not mentioned in the original version or the manga.
|← Majin Buu Saga||Kid Buu Saga →|
|254 • 255 • 256 • 257 • 258 • 259 • 260 • 261 • 262 • 263 • 264 • 265 • 266 • 267 • 268 • 269 • 270 • 271 • 272 • 273 • 274 • 275|
|484 (290; Z) • 485 (291; Z) • 486 (292; Z) • 487 (293; Z) • 488 (294; Z) • 489 (295; Z) • 490 (296; Z) • 491 (297; Z) • 492 (298; Z) • 493 (299; Z) • 494 (300; Z) • 495 (301; Z) • 496 (302; Z) • 497 (303; Z) • 498 (304; Z) • 499 (305; Z) • 500 (306; Z) • 501 (307; Z) • 502 (308; Z) • 503 (309; Z) • 504 (310; Z) • 505 (311; Z) • 506 (312; Z) • 507 (313; Z)|
|40 (24; Z) • 41 (25; Z) • 42 (26; Z)|