Shallot (シャロット Sharotto) is the protagonist appearing in Dragon Ball Legends. He is an amnesiac Saiyan from the past.
Shallot is a Saiyan who has a medium build, and hair resembling a much shorter version of Raditz's hair with a front bang straying to the right. He wears leather Sadala Saiyan armor, as he is from the time when this was the clothing of the Saiyans, the armor plates, greaves, and armbands are blue, and the undershirt and shorts are black. He has silver-blue boots, and a dark black tail which unlike most adult Saiyans with tails, he lets it swing freely rather than securing it around his waist.
Shallot has good fighting potential and is quite short tempered and aggressive like usual Saiyans. Although quick to go off at people, Shallot has his own morals and does not like being commanded.
Shallot woke up in the start of storyline of Dragon Ball Legends, unsure of how he got there or who he really was. The only real memory he retained was one where he was commanded to run, and he was called by his name. This was provided to Trunks when he was asked.
Dragon Ball Legends
After encountering and fighting Broly alongside Goku, the two were informed by Zahha about a Tournament of Time in which people from all places in time would compete, and the winner would receive a wish on the Super Dragon Balls. Although reluctant to accept that he was in it, he joined as Zahha's ally.
Shallot is able to easily take down multiple Saibamen. Shallot is noted by Broly to be a weakling compared to Goku and Future Trunks in their Super Saiyan forms, and Future Trunks thinks that Shallot is out of his depth trying to help them fight Broly. Later in the story, Shallot is considerably weaker than an abnormally strong Raditz at the beginning of their fight, but becomes much needed help in the battle as it wages on.
Techniques and Special Abilities
- Flight - The ability to fly through the use of ki.
- Ki Blast - The most basic form of energy wave.
- Rapid Movement - The use of high-speed movement to create an illusion of teleportation. Used by Shallot dodge Super Saiyan Goku's attack and get behind him.
- Full Power Charge - Like every other playable character in Dragon Ball Legends, Shallot is capable of charging his Ki.
- Wild Cannon - A greenish ki projectile fired with one arm, and Shallot's signature technique.
- Rising Rush - A combination rush attack used by all characters in Dragon Ball Legends, utilizing a normal combo, the four currently drawn Arts Cards, and finally an ultimate by each remaining Team Member.
Forms and Transformations
Main article: Great Ape Having a fully formed Saiyan tail, Shallot presumably is able to transform into a Great Ape once absorbing enough blutz waves.
The name of this state is currently unknown, but it is implied that rigorous training with Nappa caused this. First assumed in his rematch with Raditz, this ability changes Shallot's eye color and spikes up his hair in a similar manner to Super Saiyan. However, his energy is orange with the silhouette of a Great Apes face behind him. This could also be similar to (or an untrained version of) the Kaio-ken technique.
- Japanese: Kenji Akabane
- English: Alejandro Saab
- Shallot is an original character designed by Akira Toriyama himself.
- Shallot's name comes from "shallot" - a type of onion.
- An unrelated female 3/4 Saiyan 1/4 Earthling named Shalot appears in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Ironically, the Japanese voice actors for both Shallot and the Hooded Man have the same first name (Kenji).