Soba is a Yardrat who appears in the video game Dragon Ball Z: Sagas.
Soba has a sparring match with Goku just before Goku takes off for planet Earth. He has the ability to create miniature copies of himself while he was fighting Goku. Goku, however, eventually defeats him and they both say their farewells. Soba is exclusive to Dragon Ball Z: Sagas and has not appeared anywhere else in the Dragon Ball franchise. Although, the character Professor Ledgic from Dragon Ball GT is very similar to Soba.
The scouter gives him a power level of 14,000,000, substantially higher than the 12,000,000 given to Frieza in his final form when maxed out in the game.
- Burst Blast – A powered up ki ball.
- Instant Transmission – The teleportation technique created and used by the Yardrats.
- Unnamed reproduction power – The power to create miniature versions of himself.
- Soba's name is a pun on the Japanese word for noodles, which happens to be "Soba".
- Soba was originally the name of Emperor Pilaf's dog-like henchman, who was later renamed Shu.
- Soba looks very similar to Kishime, one of the three Bio-Warriors that serve Dr. Wheelo. Kishime's name is also a reference to noodles.
- Soba's power level in the game easily surpasses that of the Ginyu Force, which means had they not died on Namek, they might have been unsuccessful in the conquest of planet Yardrat.