The South Supreme Kai lived a peaceful life on the Sacred World of the Kais with the other Supreme Kais. After both the West and North Supreme Kais were killed by Majin Buu, South Supreme Kai was the next Kai to face the creature in combat. He managed to fight evenly with Buu, countering his attacks, landing a headbutt, and managing to rip the monster's arm off, which genuinely hurt and damaged Buu. However, Buu soon gained the advantage, dodging the Kai's energy ball and dealing severe damage to him with just a single kick to the back. South Supreme Kai was ultimately defeated after the creature absorbed him with a sneak attack; the absorption of South Supreme Kai transformed Buu into a large, hulking Majin.
Due to being trapped within Buu over the next several million years, South Supreme Kai is permanently fused within the creature's being, never to be seen again. This also happens to Grand Supreme Kai, who is also permanently fused within Buu and becomes the basis for the creature's innocent form.
- Manga and Anime
He is stated to be much stronger than the Eastern Supreme Kai and strong enough to defeat Frieza (before his resurrection) in one blow. The East Supreme Kai states that South Supreme Kai was the strongest of the Supreme Kais, strong enough that Buu absorbed him. Additionally, Super Buu gets his tremendous power due to having absorbed the Southern Supreme Kai.
In a filler scene in the anime, an extended version of the brief flashback in the manga is featured, and the South Supreme Kai is shown fighting evenly with Kid Buu (in contrast to the other Supreme Kais who were defeated and killed by Buu with little to no effort).
Techniques and special abilities
- Chasing Energy Ball – A technique he used during his battle against Buu.
- Mighty Powerful God Shockwave – The user charges green energy in his left hand, and then rushes and fires it towards the opponent. Used by South Supreme Kai in Dragon Ball Heroes. Named Exertion in the Dragon Ball Z Collectible Card Game.
- Thunder Clap – South Supreme Kai smashes both sides of his opponent's head with his hands. Used against Buu, and named in the Dragon Ball Z Collectible Card Game.
Video game appearances
- Although South Supreme Kai is the most powerful of the Supreme Kais, South Kai's quadrant ironically has the weakest fighters of the four quadrants in the Other World Tournament.
- Despite every Supreme Kai being mentioned in the manga, he along with the Grand Supreme Kai, is the only to actually have an appearance in the manga.
|Other World beings|
|Supreme Kais||Old Kai/Future Old Kai • Grand Supreme Kai • Northern Supreme Kai • Eastern Supreme Kai/Future Supreme Kai (Kibito Kai) • Western Supreme Kai • Southern Supreme Kai • Supreme Kai of Time • Zen • Fen • Wairu|
|Kais||Grand Kai • North Kai/Future North Kai • East Kai • West Kai • South Kai|
|Ogres||King Yemma • Megaphone Ogre • Guide • Sweeper • Goz • Mez • Saike Demon|
|Other beings||Alien Announcer • Angels of Hell • Annin • Bubbles • Core People • Enma • Frankenstein • Ghosts • Gregory • Janemba/Future Janemba • Kibito/Future Kibito • Korin/Future Korin • Majon • Montgomery • Mr. Popo • Old Witch • Princess Snake • Princess Snake's Attendants • Shusugoro • Skeletons • Spike the Devil Man • Sprites • Sugoro • Trampire • Vampire • Zombies|
|Other World Tournament||Arqua • Caterpy • Chapuchai • Froug • Gorilla • Maraikoh • Mijorin • Olibu • Other World Fighter • Papoi • Pikkon/Future Pikkon • Sarta • Tapkar • Torbie|