"I feel it...Everyone, lend me your power! Here goes, everyone! We'll defeat Zamasu!"
When the hopes and energies of everyone is gathered like a Spirit Bomb, Trunks then absorbs the power into his body - causing his Light Sword to become far larger and more powerful with his ki embedded.
Video Game appearances
In Xenoverse 2 it appears as an Ultimate Skill for the Future Trunks (Dragon Ball Super) and the Future Warrior under the name Sword of Hope after the 1.07.00 Update. DBS Future Trunks' can use it in his Capsule Corp. Clothes 3 skillset which appears as part of the 1.07.00 Update and can be obtained by the Future Warrior by purchasing it from the TP Medal Shop for 300 TP Medals after the update.
"Wield a large Ki sword. Attack with Weak Attack Button, Strong Attack Button, Ki Blast Button, and Jump Button, and move with Control Stick."
— Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 Skill description
The skill acts similar to the Power Pole Pro transformation in function, though as it is an Ultimate Skill it can be used with in conjunction with Awoken Skill transformations such as Future Trunks' Super Saiyan 2 and any of the Future Warrior's transformations that do not overwrite (Purification or Become Giant) or prevent skills from being used (Power Pole Pro). However Awoken Skills must be activated before the Sword of Hope Ultimate Skill is used, as other skills become locked when it is activate. While the Sword of Hope is activated the user's ki drains causing the attack to end when the user is out of ki.
Certain button input will result in different sword attacks:
- Weak Attack Button input - Causes the user to perform three sword slashes and acts as the standard attack for the Sword of Hope.
- Strong Attack Button input - Results in a forward thrusting sword charge. Due to the forward charge it doubles as a forward dash attack for the Sword of Hope.
- Ki Blast Button input - The user performs a 360 whirlwind slash which is useful when surrounded by multiple opponents allowing it to double as a both an offensive and defensive move.
- Jump Button input - Cause the user to attack with the Final Hope Slash which automatically causes the user to sheath the Sword of Hope after completing the attack, ending the skill, thus effectively functions as the Sword of Hope's finishing attack.
- Ultimate Skill slot input - If the user inputs the assigned button command of the Ultimate Skill slot that Sword of Hope is assigned to while it is active then the user will sheath the Sword of Hope ending the technique. Can be used to end the technique without attacking.