Dragon Ball Z episodes
Super Moves of Gotenks
Super Moves of Gotenks (本気で行くぜ!!超ゴテンクス全開, Honki de Iku ze!! Supa Gotenkusu Zenkai) is the fifth episode of the Fusion Saga and the two hundred fifty-eighth overall episode in the original dubbed and the uncut Dragon Ball Z series. The episode first aired on March 1, 1995. Its original American air date was October 21, 2002.
The episode starts with Piccolo looking really worried if Gotenks could win. Gotenks starts to use some of his own attacks and hits Super Buu with some really strong ones but they did not affect Super Buu at all.
The Hyperbolic Time Chamber surroundings change to some ice and Gotenks does a lot of goofy named attacks that do not really work; at one point, he even asks himself what the next attack was and even pulls out a notecard at one point. Gotenks finally notices Piccolo's worried look and gives him a pep talk and agrees to use his full strength. Then Super Buu gets impatient and they start fighting again. Everyone outside the Time Chamber wonders if Goten and Trunks trained enough to beat Super Buu. Gotenks gets stuck in the ice but they break out when Super Buu says Gotenks is not strong. Then Gotenks goes Super Saiyan.
Piccolo is really surprised that they can go Super Saiyan after fusing and begins to have more hope that Gotenks will save the world. Gotenks wonders what attack to use next and decides on the Galactic Donut, a strong energy attack that Super Buu breaks out of. Then Buu starts to really beat up Gotenks. Gotenks charges up and uses his Super Ghost Kamikaze Attack, spitting out a ghost of himself.
- Gotenks vs. Super Buu
- Super Gotenks vs. Super Buu
- It is proven that a fused warrior can transform even after fusing.
"Oww! That hurt! So it seems you can take hits pretty well. You're a lot better than the last time we fought. But I've planned for that. Ow, it keeps throbbing!"
"Hey, Majin Butt! How's that headache feeling?!"
"Nice move huh? You know if I was you, I'd start running about now!"
- There is a point in this episode when Gotenks swings his fist around and runs at Super Buu to punch him in the gut, but Super Buu says "Wait! Not there. Try my face." Gotenks does punch him in the face. And for reasons unknown, after this blow is struck, Super Buu's pupils turn from white to red, and his mouth/tongue turn from red to green.
- On numerous times throughout the episode, everyone outside the chamber eat snacks and talk about what could be happening. This should not be possible, as the time dilation in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber would reduce the duration of the fusion to only a few seconds outside the chamber.
- Gotenks taunts Super Buu by giving him the middle finger in the original and the unedited versions.