- This article is about the out of control form accessible by normal Saiyans. For the form accessible by demonic Saiyans, see Out of Control (demonic Saiyan).
- This article is about a form referred to as the "legendary Super Saiyan". For other forms thought to be the Super Saiyan of legend, see Legendary Super Saiyan (disambiguation).
This form is identical to the Legendary Super Saiyan form in appearance; gaining light green hair, while their eyes are deprived of their pupils, and a great increase in both height and muscle mass (although it is slightly slimmer in overall build in the case of Kale). During its initial appearance, the form possessed the electricity sparks similar to Super Saiyan 2. Most subsequent appearances have shown the aura without said electricity, initially or otherwise.
Usage and power
This form possesses greater power than the Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan 2 forms and comparable to a Super Saiyan Blue. In this form, the user's energy will rise and overflow, just like Legendary Super Saiyan form. However, unlike with the Legendary Super Saiyan form, the Berserker form when needing to vent proceeds to emit steam excessively beforehand. Also, unlike the Legendary Super Saiyan form, which seems to "burst out" from the user, the Berserker form simply causes the user to "bulk up". Also, like the Legendary Super Saiyan form, the user of this form retains their speed despite the outrageous increase in their muscles. Once this form is in use the user is taken over by rage with little judgement to spare and solely becomes a rampaging monster with the lust to kill.
This form might require absolute ki control to safely maintain it, like Super Saiyan Blue, otherwise the user of the form goes through a drastic personality change, becoming violent, the same as that of users of the Legendary Super Saiyan form.
Kale achieves the form through self loathing and anger through Cabba and Caulifla being friendly with each other. She proceeds to attempt to kill Cabba, however she drops out of the form after Caulifla tells Kale that she has no interest in Cabba.
During the Tournament of Power, Kale was able to easily overpower Goku while in his Super Saiyan 2 form. Kale was even able to withstand a point blank Kamehameha from Goku in his Super Saiyan Blue state and walk right through it. She then processed on her rampage against goku as he was surprised at how powerful she is, she then grabbed his face and as she did so her power seemed to overwhelm her body and forced her to toss goku away and leak out her overflow of ki. Kale then demolished the entire Tournament Of Power stage with her ferocious power and even caught the attention of all the pride troops with her mighty voice. This form was finally defeated by Jiren with a Power Impact and forced Kale to revert back to base form.
Kale's emotions allow her to control this form and attain her own unique version of the first Super Saiyan form. Kale transforms in this form again from her unique Super Saiyan transformation, and was able to take out three Pride Troopers with Caulifla, reverting back to normal afterwards from exhaustion.
Caulifla refers to this form as "ultra super power".
This form debuts in Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle, where it is named Kale (Berserk) and appears as a playable form for Kale. It later appears as a form for Kale in Dragon Ball Heroes, once again referred to as Out of Control, with the transformation ability into the form being called Uncontrollable Saiyan (制御不能なサイヤ人 Seigyo Funōna Saiya-jin).
Promotional material for Heroes describes the form as an uncontrollable Super Saiyan.
- Kale's scrapped original character bio referred to this state as the "Berserker state" of Super Saiyan.
- Vegeta states Berserker Super Saiyan may be the "true form" of the Saiyans.
- Caulifla describes this form on two separate occasions as an "ultra-super power". "Ultra Super Saiyan" is a popular fan term for the Super Saiyan Third Grade.
- Interestingly when Kale powers up in her second fight with Goku in episode 114 and goes out of control, her mass appears to increase further and her hair and eyes gain a passive glow that is not seen in other appearances. Presumably this reflects how Kale was attempting to summon every bit of power she could.