Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta (敵か味方か...大猿ベジータ大暴れ, Teki-ka mikata-ka... Ozaru bejiita O Abare) is the twelfth episode of the Shadow Dragon Saga and the fifty-ninth overall episode of Dragon Ball GT. It first aired on September 17, 1997. Its original American air date was December 25, 2004.
After ingesting the Dragon Balls, the ultimate Shadow Dragon, Omega Shenron was born. Blind and battle weary, Goku can barely stand against the might of all seven dragons. To push Goku to fight better, Omega attacks his family and friends (consisting of his sons, wife, daughter-in-law, Mr. Satan, Majuub, and Trunks). As expected, Goku tries to land his best attacks on Omega, but to no avail. He eventually regains his vision, much to Omega's surprise, but even the return of his eyesight does not help him gain the upper-hand against Omega.
Becoming more desperate to save his family and the Earth, Goku decides to self-destruct himself. He grabs a hold of Omega from behind and almost completes the technique before Vegeta arrives and tells him not to do it; having first hand experience with self-destruction, he knows Goku will only succeed in killing himself and not Omega. Vegeta then tells Goku that he has the tool he needs to reach Super Saiyan 4, much to Goku's shock. Thanks to Bulma's Blutz Wave Generator, Vegeta transforms into a Great Ape.
At first, Vegeta seems to have lost control of himself and begins crushing Goku. However, Vegeta states that he was simply fooling them, and transforms into a Golden Great Ape, and then, a Super Saiyan 4. Everyone is amazed by the overwhelming power the two Super Saiyans 4 have, and Chi-Chi and Bulma have a usual quarrel over whose husband is the best. The two Super Saiyans 4 head off against Omega Shenron, but they are still not powerful enough to beat the fearsome dragon. So, Vegeta suggests that they fuse, much to Goku's surprise that Vegeta would suggest it in the first place.
- Gigantic Blaze - Used by Omega Shenron to showcase his new powers. The attack knocks everyone but Goku away into a ruined city.
- Super Ice Ray - Used by Omega Shenron to freeze Goku.
- Whirlwind Spin - Used by Omega Shenron to attack the frozen Goku.
- Dragon Thunderclap - Used by Omega Shenron to knock a frozen Goku unconscious to the ground.
- Heat Armor - Used by Omega Shenron to block a punch from Goku, burning his fist.
- Dragon Hammer - Used by Super Saiyan 4 Goku once regaining his sight, seemingly destroying Omega Shenron.
- Regeneration - Used by Omega Shenron to regenerate himself after Goku's attack.
- Aftershock - Used by Omega Shenron to send everyone in the air.
- Dragonic Rage - Used by Omega Shenron to land a blow on every Z Fighter, including Goku, and knock them unconscious.
- Self Destruction - Attempted by Goku to destroy Omega Shenron along with himself, but stopped when Vegeta arrives.
- Chou Makouhou Barrage - Used by Great Ape Vegeta to destroy the surrounding area.
- In the FUNimation dub, Goku refers to the newly powered up Shadow Dragon as Omega although the name was revealed only by the narrator at the end of the previous episode.
- At one point during the episode, when Vegeta is standing next to Goku as Super Saiyan 4, his eyes are yellow (same as Goku's) rather than the usual green color.
|Shadow Dragon Saga|
|← Super 17 Saga||N/A →|
|48 • 49 • 50 • 51 • 52 • 53 • 54 • 55 • 56 • 57 • 58 • 59 • 60 • 61 • 62 • 63 • 64|
|This saga is TV Original and not based on the manga.|