This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Future Trunks article.
Does this make sense?Edit
From Future Trunks Timeline
- "Having grown up in an age of apocalyptic terror, Future Trunks had to go through intense training that made him stronger in the end than his alternate-self in the main Dragon Ball Z timeline, who grows up living in an age of peace, though the little Trunks seen in the main timeline is able to naturally transform and wield far greater power than Trunks had as a teenager whilst only 8 years old, enough to hit Full Power Super Saiyan Vegeta in the face, in the Buu arc."
Especially the bolded bit. I haven't watched GT, but if there's no proper explanation for that, I'm going to re-write it, because it's nonsensical. We don't know much about the boys' strength from the end of the series, but it seems hard to believe that they never even managed SS2 (which was almost old news by the time Buu came around), and I see no reason to assume that they did not just because we didn't see it. Iuvenes 00:27, 20 February 2009 (UTC)
- Actually, according to the GT Perfect Files (and the Daizenshuu?), Present Trunks did not achieve SS2. You're right about that section you quoted being a bit confusing though, as it basically says that Future Trunks was stronger, then turns around and says that Present Trunks was stronger. It seems to me like any comparison of their final strengths would be speculation. We know that Present Trunks became a Super Saiyan younger than Future Trunks, but both received considerable training afterward. -- 06:44, 22 February 2009 (UTC)
- Eh, that just doesn't make any sense...how can someone who was SS so young not ever be able to reach SS2? Another case for GT being badly-written fanfic. :) Iuvenes 07:10, 22 February 2009 (UTC)
Sure it makes sense. And it's for the same reason that Gohan never reaches Super Saiyan 3, even though he reaches the level of Super Saiyan 2 earlier than Goku reaches the level of Super Saiyan. Not sure about the first part of this convo, about Trunks vs. Trunks though. -- .10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 20:38, 21 August 2009 (UTC)
If the fans would of agreed with Akira about making Gohan the main character then the things wouldn't have gotten so messed up. Seems like after Cell Saga, Akira just BSed his way to the end of the series, cause after Cell Saga, Gohan becomes a retard and nothing makes sense LOL. In my book DBZ ends at Cell Saga. Knoul 06:24, January 22, 2012 (UTC)
Is it right to have the Briefs/Vegeta family of the present listed in Future Trunks' profile box as family members, as in canon, he has never met them or lived with them, and they are not from the same timeline?
Maybe he didn't know all of them, but he sure did mention Dr Brief. When he was talking about the satelite. Jono R 15:03, 21 August 2009 (UTC)
What happens to Buu in the alternate timeline? Edit
I thought I'd read somewhere, (I could swear it was on this article...) That Toriyama had said that he had originally planned to end DBZ at the end of Cell Saga. But popularity stopped it. Jono R 15:02, 21 August 2009 (UTC)
- The PSP game Another Road answers that question pretty well.Kibafool 19:06, November 17, 2009 (UTC)
Where did Future Trunks get his sword from? Edit
In the movie Wrath of the Dragon Tapion gives Trunks his sword, in which features on Dragonball GT. But seeing as Tapion never appeared before the Androids attack in Future Trunks' timeline, How did Future Trunks exactly gain the sword that appears in Dragonball Z?
Super Sayian421 20:16, 28 March 2009 (UTC)
- The sword is standard issue in Trunks' future. In one episode during the Androids Saga, while the group is flying Goku to Master Roshi's, Trunks tells Gohan about the future, and in the flashforward you see several others carrying the same swords as Trunks. Storm talk – projects 20:24, 28 March 2009 (UTC)
- I'm certain in Future Trunks time, Hoi came to Earth seeking the power of the dragon balls to open the music box. Sense the Z Fighters were killed, it was up to Trunks and Bulma to help him out. So they do, awakening Tapion and Hiudegarn from their ancient slumber. When Kid Trunks is given the choice to either kill Tapion or not with the sword is where the timelines differ, Kid Trunks refuses while Future Kid Trunks has no other choice. Knoul 10:27, January 21, 2012 (UTC)
in "Combating Cell" Edit
"he had not mastered the Super Saiyan state to become Full Power Super Saiyan, an even stronger state than Ultra Super Saiyan and a prerequisite for attaining Super Saiyan 2." Since when has being FPSSJ been a prerequisite for Super Saiyan 2?! Vegeta has been shown to go SSJ2 without ever becoming a FPSSJ right? And surely that'd mean you can't go SSJ3 without it either and yet Gotenks does also never having been FPSSJ. But the main problem I have is with the flase claim that FPSSJ is stronger than USSJ. THey say in their articles that USSJ is stronger as FPSSJ is not a power up from SSJ in anyway at all, it's just the form with no negative effects at all. But as I am new here I didn't want to go changing that kind of stuff myself... Also I just am not sure how I'd rewrite it.
- I haven't read through that section of the article, but, from what you've said, the article is currently correct. Ultra Super Saiyan is indeed stronger than Super Saiyan, or Full Power Super Saiyan. However, stronger is being used as a very literal term, and simply means that it punches harder, throws more powerful energy, etc. Ultra SS also comes with a considerable loss in speed, which both Goku and Vegeta realized would be too detrimental too use in battle. -- .10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 20:45, 21 August 2009 (UTC)
Dissapearing Pictures Edit
Why wont the picture i put up stay there? Every time i exit out the picture reverts back, the same goes with Cooler. Pleez write back
Because it doesn't solely focus on the character of the article. Your Cooler Picture is the Movie cover for Cooler's Revenge. Brolythelegend 22:43, May 2, 2010 (UTC)
future trunks & present trunks Edit
after the cell defeat. did anying body told present trunks about what happen before he was born and when he was 1 year old about trunks future self at buu timeline when he was 8 year old. like trunks future self came two year before he was born and kill frieza & king cold and told his story about his timeline. then his future self came back to the past again in episode 116 in fight with the z fight. and then his future self save him at age 1 in episode 117. than train in 1 year time and fought cell and present trunk pull his future self hair in episode 152. and cell kill present trunks future self in episode 173 then came back to life by the wish and went back to his time. and the dbz movie 8 & 9 in broly & unbound bojack
Does it really need "from the future"? Gender Bender 02:07, August 25, 2010 (UTC)
- It is the direct translation from the original Japanese. It has been fixed now with a translation template for explanation. Good catch. 02:11, August 25, 2010 (UTC)
For the all users of this wikia Edit
PLEASE never CHANGE THE image that uploaded now for the article ok?
SSJ3 Section? Edit
Think he needs the update. I know there probably isn't a lot of info about him going SSJ3 atm, but it still can't hurt
There's the scan from the magazine confirming his transformation in Dragonball Heroes MKCSTEALTH 21:56, March 27, 2011 (UTC)
- The convention is to wait for the official release. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 21:58, March 27, 2011 (UTC)
No, if you look at the site, you can see that under the section "Cardlist", SSJ3 Future Trunks is the last card on page 3. PabloDePablo 23:50, April 4, 2011 (UTC)
- What are you saying no to? Lol, that didn't really make sense. What site? If there's an official source, it hasn't been shown here yet. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 23:53, April 4, 2011 (UTC)
 Scroll down to the bottom, he is the last card on this page. PabloDePablo 23:56, April 4, 2011 (UTC)
- Okay cool, although you really can't forget to add sources on the article. I'll add it this time so you can see how our references work. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 00:26, April 5, 2011 (UTC)
Back to the future Edit
Profile PictureEditHello! I would just like to ask if we could change the Trunks profile picture. I`ve come up with some suggestions that I think would be better than the original. -- 17:20, July 6, 2011 (UTC)
- Well, fan art isn't allowed, so that rules out some. Also, we prefer full body images. The only one left leaves out Trunks' iconic capsule jacket and sword, so I personally like the current one. -- 10X Ka.me.ha.me.ha ..... talk ..... contrib. 19:31, July 6, 2011 (UTC)
Problem in triviaEdit
I noticed a problem in the trivia- the first point says his favorite food is some kind of fried meat that I forgot the name of, but later on in the list, it actually says his favorite food is convience store bento. We need to find sources, and correct this problem. User:PabloDePablo- That's me! *wink* 17:14, January 5, 2012 (UTC)