Shonen JUmp Says Cooler Owns 265 Planets? Edit
Where on Shonen Jump does it say that?
It doesnt. it says it in a daishenzu (Or however you spell it) --Team Midgars Silver Sinspawn 06:37, 26 August 2009 (UTC)
doing the math Edit
and adding up the number of plants frieza owns and the number cooler owns isn't really trivia, it's common logic. speculation that provides no real information is not trivia (the bit about 'maybe' being king cold's planet) isn't trivia. and the part about the real-world WTO contains bias. so i carefully considered what i removed from trivia. there is a lot of 'bad trivia' like this on the site and i am trying to clean it up, since not any statement should be considered trivia. i'd talk to you about this on your talk page PrinceZarbon but your page will not let me leave a message. Frieza'sScouter 02:03, October 25, 2009 (UTC)
- Some of that trivia was initially added by my administrator comrades. It's actually more relevant to the article. If you feel the need to remove certain elements, please bring them up before doing so. More than often, you would find that removing huge segments of trivia (even though they may not be to your liking) are actually worthwhile bits of information. - 03:30, October 25, 2009 (UTC)
- Just because an admin adds a piece of trivia does not make it worthwhile. as you can see, i cited why i removed those pieces. I have an interest in making this wiki better, and anyone who puts more of a priority on that than patting admins on the back should be able to clean things up. Frieza'sScouter 12:24, October 25, 2009 (UTC)
- I'm not liking this harsh tone I'm getting here. Not to be controlling, but we're not "patting" each others backs. It's just a matter of courtesy because what you may not consider trivia, may actually be trivia. Please just remember that what you edit may be reverted because there are members who don't agree with your mentality dear comrade. - 15:13, October 25, 2009 (UTC)
Members of WTO escaped Edit
OK, I know some members of the World Trade Organization made their small appearance on the Super 17 Saga of GT years later when Hell opened up with Earth. 21:14, January 4, 2010 (UTC)
Is this a fan term Edit
WTO, is it used ANYWHERE? The people on the Daizenshuu EX are mocking you guys. make sure EVERYTHING is factual. AND NO FANMADE TERMS
shud'nt turles be on the list of known members? TheDarkPrinceReturns! 23:18, June 14, 2010 (UTC)
cheack out saiyan srmy on blog and answer it please.A saiyan warrior 23:28, January 15, 2011 (UTC)
The inclusion of Turles? Edit
It's still confusing to me as to why Turles is included here. Besides the fact that he's a Saiyan by descent and wears the common military garb attributed to the Saiyan forces and Frieza's forces, we don't necessarily have any confirmation of Turles being associated with Frieza's military in any way or form. I don't remember Turles associating himself with the Frieza army or even mentioning any form of prior allegiance to Frieza. If anything, he barely even notates knowing the likes of Vegeta and Nappa. I'd reconsider placing Turles in the "Known Members" section unless there's actual confirmation of his placement in this organization, as currently there's no definitive proof of his being aligned, organized, or in association with Frieza or the World/Planet Trade Organization. - 20:57, May 23, 2011 (UTC)
I agree. Since when is he a known member? 126.96.36.199 21:41, May 23, 2011 (UTC)!
Bardock: Father of Goku update Edit
Since Toobi and Kyabira have been shown, should they be added to members of the organization?
Spelling Error Edit
Why is this spelled "Planet Trade Organization"? This is clearly spelled wrong on this whole page, as it should be "Organisation". Who ever wrote this was lacking grammar spelling? This should be fixed immediately as spelling errors are not accepted. Ripto22475 23:36, September 21, 2011 (UTC)
- Lol, I know you don't realize it, but using the terms "wrong, should be, lacking grammar spelling, error" when referring to regional differences is super prejudice. See the Manual of Style for details on spelling/grammar preferences. The short version is that American English is preferred. -- 10X Ka.me.ha.me.ha ..... talk ..... contrib. 02:24, September 22, 2011 (UTC)
Oh, well I do not mean to be prejudice, don't get me wrong. I didn't really know there were varients of English to this extent. I though it simply meant the way it was pronounced, not the spelling. So according to the manual of style, it accepts only American English? Seems unsual as many people are from around the world on this site. Ripto22475 00:17, September 23, 2011 (UTC)
- It's not unusual, it would be unusual if some other English variant were used. There are more users of the English DB Wiki who come from regions where American English is the preferred variant than any other individual variant. This was confirmed years ago by consensus, and more recently using simple IP analysis software. -- 10X Ka.me.ha.me.ha ..... talk ..... contrib. 00:26, September 23, 2011 (UTC)
- Okay, well I understand it now. I guess I cannot stand up against the majority of the people lol. Sorry for making a false assumption on my part. Ripto22475 00:30, September 23, 2011 (UTC)
Proper nouns Edit
Wouldn't it be "Planet Trade Organization," seeing as it's the name of a company/team/whatever you wanna call it? —This comment was made by the most awesome user on this wiki, November Blue (the most awesome user's talk page • the most awesome user's contributions).
- Unfortunately, the organization is never actually named, so this wouldn't be a proper noun. It's like if we referred to McDonald's as an "Irish restaurant with burgers." -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 02:03, January 23, 2012 (UTC)
It's one of the common fan names, but it's just a straightforward derivation resulting from the observation that they are an organization whose trade is planets. We strongly dislike having to resort to fan names, but we do have to refer to it as something. Other common fan names for this group are "world trade organization" and "world trade federation." -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 03:13, January 23, 2012 (UTC)
- Don't worry, Ten. I completely understand the not wanting to use fan name; but, whar can you do? —This comment was made by the most awesome user on this wiki, November Blue (the most awesome user's talk page • the most awesome user's contributions).
Episode of Bardock InclusionEdit
I know of the whole 'Canon Level' thing, and that ia exactly why I'm bringing this up. Acording to Episode of Bardock the Planet Trade Organisation started with Chilled's group of pirates. Should that information really be posted on the page? Is the information of a spin-off manga relevant enough to state that?TomNamikaze 19:45, February 24, 2012 (UTC)
- It is the only official source for the origin of the organization. What other than spin-off would have revealed the origin of the organization?? The manga is based on Goku's story. Generally, info about support characters or vilains are revealed in spin-off if not included in the main media. 20:30, February 24, 2012 (UTC)
I agree. The stance in the Manual of Style is to list all available, official information, and only exclude (or state separately) that which is contradicted by a higher level of canon. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 21:38, February 24, 2012 (UTC)