|Debut||Manga: "The Martial Artist Hunters"|
Anime: "Terrible Tambourine"
Telepathy (テレパシー) is a way to communicate with others using one's mind. Users can also read the minds of the ones they communicate with, similar to telepathic eavesdropping. Several of characters have demonstrated this ability throughout the Dragon Ball series.
Telepathy was first used in the series when Master Roshi reads the mind of Nam during the 21st World Martial Arts Tournament, thus learning of Nam's desperate search for water. It is used by members of Master Shen's Crane School to communicate with each other during the 22nd World Martial Arts Tournament, and then by King Piccolo to communicate with his offspring.
King Kai is possibly one of the most famous users of this technique, as he is able to speak with people all across the universe, and can even speak to several people at one time. It can be assumed that he taught it to Goku while he trained with him in Other World, as Goku uses this to stop Krillin from finishing Vegeta after their battle on Earth. Piccolo uses telepathy several times to communicate with Gohan. It also used by Supreme Kai to read the mind of Piccolo while the two are facing each other at the 25th World Martial Arts Tournament.
The ability to communicate telepathically does not seem to be hindered by time dilation, as Piccolo is able to talk to Goten and Trunks while they are in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber during the Fusion Saga, despite him being outside of it.
- Goku – Uses it to command Great Ape Gohan to attack Vegeta and to stop Krillin from killing Vegeta as he is about to escape. Goku also uses his ability to read Krillin's mind when he arrives on Namek.
- Korin – Uses Mind Reading (Kokoro Wo Yomu) to read Goku's mind when Goku first reaches the top of Korin Tower.
- King Kai – Uses it to talk to Goku and his friends, to warn them about trouble. People can also touch his back and communicate with any desired people.
- Grand Elder Guru – Uses Mind Reading to read Krillin's mind.
- King Piccolo – Uses it to contact Tambourine and Cymbal.
- Piccolo – Talks to Gohan several times. Most famously when he was attacked by Android 20, and when he was about to sacrifice himself to save the Earth in Dragon Ball GT.
- Master Roshi – Has also used the technique, rivaling Master Shen.
- Master Shen – Talks to Tien and Chiaotzu.
- Tien Shinhan – Used to talk to Master Shen and Chiaotzu.
- Chiaotzu – Used to talk to Tien and Master Shen.
- Vegeta – Uses it to communicate orders to Nappa while visiting Arlia, to read Majin Buu's memories while inside Super Buu's head, and later to stop Goku from using a Self Destruction technique on Omega Shenron. He also used it as a Great Ape before transform into a Super Saiyan 4.
- Nappa – Uses it to communicate, agreeing to Vegeta's orders while visiting Arlia.
- Lord Slug – Used it on Bulma to find out more about the Dragon Balls.
- Supreme Kai – Used it to read the mind of Piccolo while they were facing each other at the 25th World Tournament.
- Babidi – Uses Telepathy to communicate with the Earth's populace regarding the location of Goten, Trunks and Piccolo.
- Bon Para, Don Para and Son Para – The three brothers use Telepathy to communicate Luud's weakness to Goku, and coordinate a synchronized assault against the machine mutants.
- Dr. Gero and Dr. Myuu – They brainwash Android 17 telepathically.
- Pan – She uses this to communicate with Goku underwater during their fight with Haze Shenron.