Terror and Plague (金角·銀角の人食いひょうたん, Kinkaku · Ginkaku no Hito Kui Hyotan lit "Kinkaku and Ginkaku's Man-Eating Gourd") is the twelfth episode of the Fortuneteller Baba Saga and the seventy-ninth episode in the Dragon Ball series. The episode first aired on September 16, 1987.
Goku is traveling, when he sees a girl named Chao about to be eaten by a Tiger Thief. He saves her and she asks him to help her village, which is being terrorized by two people named Terror and Plague. When they reach the village, they see that there is a roll-call taking place; when a person's name is called and he does not reply "here" soon after, this person will be sent inside the Gourd of Mist (an item Terror and Plague use to trap people in). Goku shows up and challenges them, and beats them. Unfortunately, they use the gourd and trap him.
Goku escapes the gourd, with his Power Pole and takes the gourd, trapping Terror and Plague. They apologize and Goku releases them. They now work for the villagers. Goku then travels on towards the wilderness, looking for a new adventure.
- Near the beginning of this episode, Chao tries to persuade a Tiger Thief who is dressed and looks very similar to the Bear Thief but is a tiger. Another Tiger Thief makes an appearance in Goku's Traffic Safety, where he tries to stop Goku from getting to Bulma's birth day party, they may or may not be the same character
- The black-haired, mustachioed villager is a very commonly-used character design throughout the series.
- When the rain begins, a man resembling Grandpa Gohan (but with a blue hat) can be seen.
- Both Terror (Kinkaku) and Plague (Ginkaku), as well as the Gourd of Mist they use to terrorize the village, are likely based the two demon king brothers from the Chinese classic Journey to the West, Great King Kinkaku (金角大王, Kinkaku-daiō) and Great King Ginkaku (銀角大王, Ginkaku-daiō), and the Crimson Gourd (紅葫蘆, Benihisago) they possess. The Crimson Gourd is one of five treasured tools they have and it has the ability to suck in their opponents and melt them once they are trapped within.
- Terror and Plague are based on demon kings golden and silver horn from journey to the west,which both also has a gourd that traps people in. (only if he/she answers to the call of their own name)