Edited Dragon Ball Z Episodes
The Battle Begins... Goku Where are You?
Yajirobe arrives at the crash scene and tells the reporter and the police chief that two aliens have landed and will kill everyone on Earth. Fortunately, "Yajirobe's men" are fighting the aliens to save the Earth. The reporter and police are anxious for more information, so Yajirobe cons them into paying for it. He points them in the direction of the Saiyans, or at least where he thought they would be, and runs off to buy food. Meanwhile, Krillin arrives at Piccolo and Gohan's location, and Piccolo notices his increase in power. Gohan tells Krillin that they met at the Kame House so long ago, and about how short he is, and how long he has known Goku. Piccolo interrupts their little conversation to inform them that the Saiyans have arrived.
The Saiyans land and notice Piccolo's voice. They tell Piccolo the reason he is so strong is because he is from the Planet Namek. Piccolo and Kami both feel better about their roots, but are also very shocked. A crew of TV helicopters arrive, and Nappa destroys them, angering Gohan, Krillin, and Piccolo. Vegeta tells Nappa to plant their six remaining Saibamen, green monsters each possessing a battle power of 1,200. Nappa plants them in the soil and applies the necessary liquid required to make them grow. The six Saibamen emerge from the ground.
- It is revealed that Piccolo and Kami are from Planet Namek.
- The battle with the Saiyans begins.
- Gohan: Hey, you grew up with my dad, didn't you? He said guys underestimated because you're so short!
- Krillin: Short, huh? Well, we were the same size. But then, he kept growing and I didn't.
- Piccolo: (to Vegeta and Nappa) Thanks to you two, I've come to know that I have a home other then this one in outer space. But this has been my home, and no man comes into another man's home and starts telling him what to do. You're out of line. We're not here to bow down to your demands, we're here to fight. So go ahead and do whatever it is you came here to do!
- This episode contains the somewhat infamous line "Look! I can see their parachutes! They're OK." The line was deemed "Anime Quote of the Month" in Animerica Magazine. The line was inserted to cover up the fact that Nappa killed the occupants of the vehicles.
- If one looks closely at the "cargo robot" that Nappa destroys, the identification number "NCC-1701-A" can be seen on it.