"What's this!? Jackie Chun has just named himself the winner! But let's watch and see if he has the moves to back up his claim."
Jackie Chun and Goku start their match. Goku starts to tease Jackie Chun, and Jackie Chun tells Goku not to be disrespectful to his teacher. He quickly covers up for it. Yamcha says that since he knows Jackie Chun is not Master Roshi, he is confident Goku can beat him. Krillin does not think so, he explains that Jackie Chun beat the two of them with no effort. Goku asks if Jackie Chun is Master Roshi's brother, but Jackie Chun lies and tells Goku he is Master Roshi's cousin. Goku then tries a Kamehameha, but Jackie says that Goku can not handle it. They both charge up their Kamehameha, and the two waves clash. The entire ring is lit up, but both fighters seem to be okay.
Jackie Chun then uses a Double Afterimage and Goku punches the image. Jackie Chun gets behind him and kicks him into the wall. Goku gets up and tries a Triple Afterimage. Since Jackie Chun only did a Double, he does not see Goku come down from above and Goku smashes him. Jackie Chun then walks around the ring as if he was drunk. He hears Bulma and Yamcha warn Goku that Jackie Chun is using the Drunken Boxing Technique. Goku tries to block, but it does not seem to work. Jackie Chun finally stops, but then Goku starts acting mad. He starts crawling around, and acting like a monkey. He blocks Jackie Chun's punches and trips him with his tail. On the ground, Goku starts to punch and kick him. Goku tells him he is using the Crazy Monkey Attack. Jackie Chun gets up and waves his hands around, gathering up energy for his next attack.
Goku vs. Jackie Chun
- Kamehameha: Goku and Jackie Chun.
- Afterimage Strike: Jackie Chun and Goku.
- Drunken Boxing Technique: Jackie Chun.
- Crazy Fist: Goku.
- Energy Clash: Resulted from the collision of Goku and Jackie Chun's Kamehamehas.
- Goku's use of his tail to fly back into the ring is strikingly similar to how Tails of the Sonic the Hedgehog series flies. Sonic's creator is an admitted fan of Dragon Ball, and may have been inspired by this depiction in the creation of Tails in the development of Sonic 2.
- Jackie Chun's foot stomping during his stretching is similar to how sumo wrestlers prepare before their matches begin.
- This episode has the first Beam Struggle in the series.
- Roshi mentions that Goku learnt the Kamehameha in one day whilst he took fifty years to master it, as if he realised it for the first time. This is an inconsistency as Roshi said nearly exactly the same thing in The Kamehameha Wave when Goku easily performed the move for the first time, which occurred many months prior to this episode. It is possible however that Roshi said it as the Jackie Chun persona, in case Goku overheard him.
- Jackie should have technically been disqualified, as he left the arena and most likely hit the ground when Goku hit him through a wall of the arena entryway.
- This is the first episode in the entire anime series to have a fight that lasts for more than one episode.