Dragon Ball Z episodes
The Heavens Tremble
The Heavens Tremble (天界が大変だ!! ガーリックJr.が神になる!?, Tenkai ga Taihen da!! Garikku Junia ga Kami ni Naru!?) is the first episode of the Garlic Jr. Saga and the one-hundred-and-eighth overall episode in the uncut Dragon Ball Z series. The episode first aired on September 18, 1991. Its original American air date was April 8, 2000.
Goku has (presumably) killed Frieza and is alive while on Earth everyone is revived and once again there is peace. But what the Z Fighters do not know is that their old enemy Garlic Jr. has escaped the Dead Zone. Krillin has begun a relationship with a rather ditsy girl called Maron. The two meet up with Gohan, inviting him to Master Roshi's party at Kame House. Later, when Gohan asks her, Chi-Chi refuses to let him attend the party. Gohan sneaks out anyway.
Meanwhile, Kami locates Piccolo in Yunzabit Heights and has a brief conversation with him, having developed a begrudging respect for his enemy. While all the others are having a good time at the party, Garlic Jr. and his Spice Boys raid Kami's Lookout. Garlic Jr. reminisces about his past endeavors: not long before the arrival of Raditz, Garlic Jr. successfully wished for eternal life with the Dragon Balls. Kami and Garlic Jr. fought and Kami lost, but while facing Goku and Piccolo, Garlic Jr. had to use 100% of his power. Gohan saw his father being sucked into the Dead Zone, which unleashed his hidden power, overwhelming Garlic Jr. and sending him into the Dead Zone instead.
Garlic Jr. and the Spice Boys shrink Mr. Popo to the size of a action figure and trap him inside a bottle. Kami returns to the lookout and attacks the assailants, but he is paralyzed and imprisoned with Mr. Popo. Garlic Jr. then opens the Black Water Mist and releases it onto the entire planet, intending to make everyone his slaves.
- Flashbacks in "The Heavens Tremble" feature animated footage from the film Dragon Ball Z: Dead Zone.
- This is the second episode to not feature a recap of the previous episode (the first one, of course, being Episode 1). Instead, a scene is shown where Salt and Mustard kill a few innocent people, and it is shown that Garlic Jr. is back, before the episode title is shown.
- This is the first episode to have a new title theme besides "Rock the Dragon" in the dub.
- In the original FUNimation Dub, this is the first episode to feature the Dragon Ball Z logo in the title card at the bottom.
- When Garlic Jr. is explaining things at the beginning of the episode, he says that he was in exile for 10 years, but Gohan was in the Dead Zone movie as a 3 year old, and Gohan in this episode was only 6 years old meaning Garlic Jr. was only in the Dead Zone for 3 years. Time, however, could pass differently in the Dead Zone.
|Garlic Jr. Saga|
|The Heavens Tremble · Black Fog of Terror · Battle in Kami's Lookout · Fight with Piccolo · Call for Restoration · Suicidal Course · Extreme Measures · The World Awakens · Brief Chance for Victory · Krillin's Proposal|