The Monster is Coming (天を裂く激烈光弾!! ピッコロVS人造人間17号, Ten wo Saku Gekiretsu Kodan!! Pikkoro tai Jinzo Ningen Ju-Nanago) is the ninth episode of the Imperfect Cell Saga and the one hundred forty-eighth overall episode in the uncut Dragon Ball Z series. The episode first aired on July 15, 1992. Its original American air date was October 16, 2000.
Piccolo powers up madly and begins his battle against Android 17, and he seems to be on par with the mechanical monster. Meanwhile, Bulma continues to work on the remote that will shut down the Androids.
Piccolo, with a blue aura around him, uses an attack called Hellzone Grenade against Android 17: he uses scatter plots that miss Android 17, they gather up around the android and all attack at once. Android 17 saves himself with Android Barrier. Just before he can engorge on a bystander, Cell can feel Piccolo's energy, and knows he must be fighting one of the Androids, he charges towards them, in the hope that he will become complete.
- Piccolo vs. Android 17
Bruce Faulconer tracks
- "Piccolo vs. 17" - When Piccolo battles Android 17 on the Tropical Islands.
- "Underwater" - When Piccolo and Android 17 fight underwater.
- "Super Namek (soundtrack)" - When Piccolo fires his Scatter Shot at Android 17.
- While attacking Android 17 with the Hellzone Grenade, Piccolo says "Masenko" for most of the battle and "Makosen" during one strike.
- Before fighting against Piccolo, Android 17 folds his sleeves from his white long undershirt to make it short until it becomes loose when he was fighting him.