The Tuffle Gorilla Attacks! (不死身の怪物!?凶悪大ザルベビー Fujimi no kaibutsu!? Kyoaku Ōzaru Bebī) is the twentieth episode of the Baby Saga and the thirty-sixth overall episode of Dragon Ball GT. The episode first aired on February 5, 1997. Its original American air date was June 12, 2004.
With Baby having transformed, it appears that Golden Great Ape Baby has lost full control of his body. He goes on a rampage just like Goku did earlier, but Goku is able to handle him and prevent him from killing most of the Tuffle Planet citizens. Great Ape Baby then 'regains' full control of Vegeta's Great Ape body, and he reveals he pretended to be out of control for fun and to feel like Goku (even though Goku will not purposely harm innocent people).
Goku accuses Baby of playing unfairly, so Baby decides to target the people and then Chi-Chi and Videl. Goku proves to be too fast for Great Ape Baby, and he takes a now unconscious Chi-Chi and Videl to Mr. Satan to keep a watch on them while he continues to battle Great Ape Baby. Great Ape Baby then decides to target Earth next, and he shoots a Super Galick Gun at Earth. Goku tries to intercept it with a Kamehameha Wave, but is too slow, and it hits the Earth.
Up on the Tuffle Planet, Goku decides to finish the battle and shoots a 10x Kamehameha at Great Ape Baby Vegeta. It appears to destroy him, but then Great Ape Baby emerges from the smoke without any scratches. He then fires another Super Galick Gun at Goku, and Goku's forced to take the hit so Earth will not be destroyed.
Over on the planet of the Kais, Old Kai reveals that Great Ape Baby has lost all control over his ape body. He may sound like he's in control, but if his beam had hit Earth, then Earth's debris would have destroyed the Tuffle Planet as well. While they wonder what will happen next, we hear the narrator and see Trunks, Gohan, Goten, Goku, and many others, all unconscious. Who will end up being Earth's new hero?
- Goku continues his battle against Baby having now become a Golden Great Ape.
- Goku (Super Saiyan 4) vs. Baby Vegeta (Golden Great Ape)
- When Golden Great Ape Baby is strangling Super Saiyan 4 Goku's body, it bears some similarities towards when Vegeta in his Great Ape form strangled Goku's body, when the two first fought. It is also even more ironic, considering the fact that Baby is manipulating Vegeta's body while doing this.
- The English voice of Goku, Sean Schemmel, has gone on record that he passed out when performing the Kamehameha against Baby Vegeta.
- This was also confirmed by GT's voice Director.
|← Black Star Dragon Ball Saga||Super 17 Saga →|
|Recap • 17 • 18 • 19 • 20 • 21 • 22 • 23 • 24 • 25 • 26 • 27 • 28 • 29 • 30 • 31 • 32 • 33 • 34 • 35 • 36 • 37 • 38 • 39 • 40|
|This saga is TV Original and not based on the manga.|