Edited Dragon Ball Z Episodes
Tien Goes All Out!!
Krillin and Piccolo both split, but are still no match for Nappa. Nappa pummels them into each other, causing them to fuse back into one being each. Piccolo glances down at Gohan in disappointment. Gohan sees Tien Shinhan struggle to get up, and runs to his side. Tien summons all of his ki. He launches his trademark Tri-Beam at Nappa, astonishing everyone with its enormous power. The beam connects, but ultimately does no harm to Nappa. Tien falls to the ground, dead. Krillin screams for Goku, as he is their last hope.
Piccolo and Krillin are Nappa's next targets, but they move to the ground when they notice he extreme advantage in aerial combat. Nappa flies at them, but stops dead in his tracks when Vegeta tells him to stop. He asks Piccolo and Krillin if the "Goku" they speak of is actually Kakarot, and they tell him that he is. Vegeta says that they will wait three hours for Goku if they believe he is that strong. While Nappa's impatient nature can't stand to wait three hours, Gohan gets grief from Piccolo and sympathy from Krillin for his poor performance earlier.
- Tien dies, as a result of using up his energy.
- Vegeta comes to the realization that Goku is Kakarot.
- Piccolo tells Gohan "It hurts, doesn't it? Facing your fears would have been less painful." In Episode 251, The Old Kai's Weapon, this line will later be reused by Super Buu after absorbing Piccolo.
- It is revealed in this episode that though Nappa looks more intimidating than Vegeta, Vegeta is the stronger of the two.
- This is the only time that Tien dies from using up all his energy (he comes close during the Perfect Cell Saga.)
- This episode marks the beginning of Vegeta calling Goku by his Saiyan name. Vegeta will use the name Goku twice in the Garlic Jr. Saga, and once in the Trunks Saga (to clarify to Future Trunks that Goku is Kakarot).