Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
As Goku flies toward the battlefield, Piccolo gives the command to execute the plan. Krillin charges at Nappa, and propels himself upward via a Ki Blast at the last second. Piccolo moves behind Nappa and grabs his tail. As Gohan charges at Nappa, Nappa elbows Piccolo in the head. Vegeta explains that they are highly developed Saiyans, and their tails are not a weakness to them anymore. Gohan runs to Piccolo's side, only to be approached by Nappa. Nappa boots Gohan into a hill, knocking his headband off. Meanwhile, Chi-Chi "borrows" some weapons and goes to save Gohan, but is subdued by Ox-King. As Gohan struggles to his feet, Krillin attacks Nappa in order to protect Gohan. Krillin raises his arm, and gathers ki for his signature technique, the Destructo Disk. Krillin throws his Destructo Disk at Nappa, who barely dodges it, thanks to some help from Vegeta. It does cut his face however. Nappa is enraged that Krillin was able to land a hit on him, and fires his own ki wave at Krillin, taking out most of his ki energy. As Krillin falls to the ground, Nappa prepares to finish him off, but immediately cries out in pain. It appears that Piccolo has got some fight left in him, and blasted Nappa in the back. Just then, Piccolo senses an uncanny battle power rating, as does Krillin and Gohan. Vegeta checks his scouter, and detects a battle power of 5,000 steadily approaching. He orders Nappa to finish all three of them before "it" arrives.
Nappa questions him about the Dragon Balls, but Vegeta tells them that since Kakarot was revived, the legend is true, so they will go to the planet Namek instead. Gohan tells Piccolo to leave so that the Dragon Balls will not vanish if he dies and vows to fight Nappa until Goku gets there. Nappa turns to him and is outraged that he would make such a heinous statement. Nappa flies at Gohan, but Gohan boots him clear into another hill!
- In the original Japanese version, as well as this dub, when Nappa is slowly walking toward Gohan, he tells Gohan that he is a half Saiyan, and jokingly tells Gohan how he could have grown up to be just like him. In the FUNimation dub, he tells Gohan how he could have been a mighty warrior "someday... but not today..." before kicking him and smacking him into a rock.
- After smacking him into a rock, Nappa's statement to Gohan is reversed in this dub and the FUNimation dub. In this dub, he tells Gohan to stay there and he ("maybe") will not bother him. In the FUNimation dub, he tells Gohan to get back up and show him his "Saiyan pride".
- In the original and this dub, Nappa refers to Piccolo as an "ugly mug" with a "nice hair style". In the FUNimation dub, he tells him not to die on him, as he still needs to tell them about the Dragon Balls.
- After Nappa destroys a city he quips to himself "these Earthlings are such cowards! a little target practice on some empty buildings and they scatter". This was an attempt by FUNimation and Saban to cover up the fact that the inhabitants of the city had all just been killed.
- Launch is removed from a picture. All appearances and references to Launch were cut from the Saban dub.
- After Nappa hammers Piccolo and walks over to Gohan, he tells him "You have a tail. You're Kakarot's son." However, Gohan does not have a tail at this point, it was removed by Piccolo in "The End of Snake Way" (eight episodes ago) and did not grow back until "The Battle Ends" (six episodes later)
- This episode marks the debut of Doug Parker as Korin. Parker's portrayal may have been inspired by Harvey Fierstein, an actor who is known for his raspy Jewish accent.
- Bulma refers to Tien as "Tenshinhan". This is the only time he is referred to by his proper Japanese name in this particular dub.