"Howdy! Hey, what's the matter with you? Oh, I guess I never did explain about the Time Nest, did I? Okay, I'll tell you everything you need to know! The Time Nest has two main functions. The first is to serve as a nest for Tokitoki, the bird who controls time. He may not look like much, but he is an important being. In a sense, the role of Chronoa is to serve as Tokitoki's caretaker and raise him dutifully. And the second is to house this giant building, known as the Time Vault. It holds the history of the entire universe. Pretty much everything that has ever happened is written down in the Book of the Beginnings and Endings. Of course, it includes your entire history as well! So I'd be careful about what actions I take if I were you! If you ever want to look back on your history, go take a look in the Time Vault."
The Time Nest is the home of Chronoa, the Supreme Kai of Time and her pet bird Tokitoki and the location of the Time Storage Vault (刻蔵庫, Kokuzōko), a temple-like location introduced in the video game Dragon Ball Xenoverse. It is filled with the history of Dragon Ball.
This place is stated to be almost like the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, and apparently holds the key to the story of Dragon Ball Xenoverse. The Time Nest resembles a giant birdcage and contains the Time Storage Vault, a small home for Chronoa, and a large pond or lake with two perches for Tokitoki.
Places of Interest
Supreme Kai of Time's Residence
A house located southeast the Time Vault which is where Chronoa resides. The area around it is quite messy due to Chronoa's request for Trunks to bring stuff from Capsule Corporation.
"Hey there! How are you doing? Are the Time Patrols going okay? Hm? Why do we go back and fix history? You haven't heard? I don't believe it. Think about it. We can't let these evildoers just go back and change history as they please! If history is altered too much, it'll be the end of the world as we know it! Once history changes, it will create a fissure in the Book of the Beginnings and Endings. When there is a difference between the proper history and the altered one, it's too much for a single scroll to contain. So as the number of scrolls increases, the Time Vault where they're stored fills up. Once its limit is reached... Boom! I'm afraid if the Time Vault goes, the entire universe will disappear along with it. That's why you need to fix these changes, so I can return things to a single scroll! Yup, I'm completely capable of such a feat! What do you expect from the all-powerful Supreme Kai of Time?!"
— Chronoa explaining how altering history could destroy the Time Vault in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
The Time Vault contains the Book of the Beginning and End that contain a record of the history of time. It is an important role in maintaining the history of the Universe and it is Chronoa's job to protect it, a role which the usually carefree Chronoa takes very seriously. If it were ever damaged or destroyed, the entire universe would cease to exist.
- According to Chronoa, if the Time Vault is ever destroyed all of history will be erased and the universe will cease to exist. One of her duties as Chronoa is to ensure that this never happens.
- Démigra discovered that, ironically, one can survive the destruction of the Time Vault (and the resulting destruction of history) by hiding within the Crack of Time, which exists outside history.
- Piccolo says the water found in the Time Nest is special, as a single drink of this water cleans both mind and soul, which is considered a utopia for Namekians.
- Since Chronoa has a fascination with and interest in technology, the area around her house is cluttered with various pieces of Capsule Corporation tech provided to her by Future Trunks. According to Future Trunks, the mess is due to the Supreme Kai's being an untidy housekeeper. It is implied that after she captured the Capsule Corporation cleaning robot he got for her and asked it so many questions it overloaded he gave up and decided to do the cleaning himself.
- Chronoa's residence is the only building in the Time Nest that cannot be entered.
- The Time Nest apparently connected to Toki Toki City via a portal of some kind as it is possible to walk behind the portal archway that connects the Time Nest and Toki Toki City. It is even possible to exit the Time Nest by going through the portal by going through the back of the archway.
- During Elder Kai's training, the Elder Kai performs his ritual to unlock the Future Warrior's potential, while fellow Time Patroller's Taino, Recon, and Mefla watch.