Edited Dragon Ball Z Episodes
Time Tricks and Body Binds
Time Tricks and Body Binds is the twenty-fourth episode of the Namek Saga and the fiftieth episode of the original Saban dub dub for the Dragon Ball Z series. If The Tree of Might three-parter is counted then this episode is fifty-third overall in the Saban dub.
The Ginyu Force had reached planet Namek and Captain Ginyu had already taken the Namekian Dragon Balls to Frieza. The rest of the members were thinking on what to do with Vegeta, Krillin and Gohan. After a few games it was decided that Guldo will take on the two earthlings and Recoome will take on Vegeta. At first Krillin and Gohan have the upper hand but soon Guldo uses some of his own tricks to immobilize Gohan and Krillin. Now he rips of a tree and throws it towards Gohan but a blow from Vegeta finishes Guldo, and Krillin and Gohan are saved. Now its Recoome's turn. Where is Goku in the time of need?
- Vegeta kills Guldo.
"I guess you weren't so tough after all. Now it's time to send you to the next dimension!"
- In the uncut and remastered version, Jeice says "The crazy bastard actually killed Guldo." In the edited dub the line was changed.
- When the episode aired on television, Guldo's death was altered; instead of Vegeta decapitating him, when his blast hits Guldo, his whole body falls over. The uncut depicts his head rolling off, and the head is then destroyed by Vegeta, explaining why a corpse is shown in future episodes.
- A white, fog-like substance is used to cover shots of Guldo punching Gohan and Krillin.
- When Recoome and Burter make a bet on the fight with Guldo, Recoome initially bets a chocolate bar that Guldo will win. However, later on, it shows that Burter claims that he betted on Guldo winning and takes the chocolate.
- This is the only episode to feature Peter Kelamis as Master Roshi.