Unlikely Friendship (最終兵器始動!?サタンは地球を救う Saishu Heiki Shido!? Satan wa Chikyu o Suku) is the twenty-first episode of the Majin Buu Saga and the two hundred fifty-second overall episode in the original dubbed and the uncut Dragon Ball Z series. The episode first aired on January 11, 1995. Its original American air date was October 9, 2002.
At Kami's Lookout, Bulma and Chi-Chi heal Trunks and Goten's wounds from their previous battle with Making Buu and are told by Piccolo that they need to plan for their next attack as opposed to simply attacking with brute strength alone. Piccolo resumes their training for the Fusion Dance.
Mr. Satan, along with two of the King's soldiers, go to Majin Buu's house where he attempts to confront Buu. When Majin Buu arrives, Mr. Satan tries to please and pacify him before being destroyed; he offers him poisoned candy, video games, and then tries to blow Buu up. Fortunately, Buu finds Mr. Satan funny and entertaining, and thinks he should be his new friend.
On the Sacred World of the Kai, the unlock potential ritual performed by Old Kai is finally completed, but he says that the process will take 5 more hours before Gohan feels anything. In the meantime, he must remain in a strict meditative state.
- Majin Buu destroys 4/5 of the Earth's population.
- Majin Buu accepts Mr. Satan as his play friend.
- The first ceremony to unlocking Gohan's hidden potential is completed.
Differences from the manga
- Bulma and Chi-Chi treating their sons wounds that they received from being defeated as Majin Buu while fused as Gotenks and getting scolded for being so reckless is exclusive to the anime.
- The Game Poy that Mr. Satan gives Majin Buu as a present is a spoof of the Nintendo Game Boy.