Up to Piccolo (捨て身の反撃及ばず! ピッコロ燃え尽きる!!, Sutemi no Hangeki Oyobazu! Pikkoro Moetsukiru!!) is the eleventh episode of the Imperfect Cell Saga and the one hundred fiftieth episode in the original dubbed and the uncut Dragon Ball Z series. The episode first aired on July 29, 1992. Its original American air date was October 18, 2000.
Upon Cell's arrival, Cell, after identifying Android 17 and 18 (as well as being surprised at Android 16's presence due to being unfamiliar with him), proceeds to power up via the people he had absorbed (with Piccolo estimating it to be well over a thousand souls being used). Imperfect Cell, upon fully powering up, then walks past a stunned Piccolo and muses that Piccolo must be trembling with fear at his newfound power. However, Piccolo then turns around and angrily tells Cell that the power isn't his own, but rather, he had stolen it by taking the lives of innocent people. Cell then mentioned that the people he referred are "part of greatness" due to his giving them all a purpose, with Piccolo denouncing him as insane. Cell then approaches Android 17, with their trading words, specifically that 17 had some business to attend to regarding Piccolo, while Cell mentions he won't leave because he himself has business to attend to as well. Piccolo then barely manages to yell to 17 that Cell intends to kill him as well as 18, with 17 barely being alerted to this warning and evading Cell's tail before being pinned by Cell. However, Piccolo knocks Cell away from 17. After Piccolo saves 17's life, 17, thanking Piccolo, then asks what Piccolo meant by it trying to kill them. He says that his name is Cell, and explains that Cell intends to gain his perfect form by absorbing them, with 18, disgusted by this revelation, refers to Cell as a creep. Piccolo and Android 17 join teams and starts to fight together.
Meanwhile, Tien Shinhan goes to see how strong Imperfect Cell is to Piccolo and to see what they are up against, and Krillin meets up with Bulma so it will be much easier and faster to shut down the Androids.
Piccolo charges up a powerful beam attack, but Cell remains unscathed and now he has a yellow aura (similar to that of a Super Saiyan) while hiding in the water. Eventually, Cell neutralizes each fighter, then grabs Piccolo by the collar and impales him with a yellow energy wave called See Ya!, greatly horrifying Tien and Android 17. At Kami's Lookout, Gohan gets mad and wants to help Piccolo, but Goku tells him to stay there, because he'll get killed too and says hurry up to Vegeta and Future Trunks. The episode ends when Chi-Chi says hurry up Goku.
- Android 17 vs. Imperfect Cell
- Piccolo vs. Imperfect Cell
Bruce Faulconer tracks
- "Cell Powers Up" - When Imperfect Cell powers up after finding Piccolo and Android 17 on the Tropical Islands.
- "Vegeta Knows His Son" - When Yamcha tells Tien Shinhan to stay at Kame House.
- "The Dragon Theme" - When Piccolo charges his Light Grenade.
- "Super Namek (soundtrack)" - When Piccolo fires his Light Grenade at Imperfect Cell at the Tropical Islands.
- "Ginyu Transformation" - When Imperfect Cell blasts a hole through Piccolo during their battle on the Tropical Islands, throwing him into the ocean.
- In the opening of the episode, the Hyperbolic Time Chamber is mistakenly referred to as the Pendulum Room.
- Cell tries to absorb 17 by jabbing him with his tail like he does humans (although he does not succeed, as 17 either dodges or is saved by Piccolo). However, that method of absorption does not work on androids like 17, as Cell has to open up the end of his tail to absorb 17 and 18 later on.
- This is the third time someone is seriously injured, is thrown into the water, and survives. The first being Vegeta during his fight with Zarbon, the second being Krillin when Frieza impaled him with his horn.
- This is the first time that Android 16 talks about something that is not Goku, birds, or power levels. He tells 17 that he should not fight Cell, and that he should get out.