Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Now everyone knows the Super Saiyan Legend. It is one of the most discussed topics of DBZ/DBGT. So, why is it debatable? Because there are so many Super Saiyan forms that fans want to know what is the TRUE Super Saiyan transformation. Many fans like myself are also upset at how many Super Saiyans are present later in Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT.
Legendary Super Saiyan
Now a lot of people say Broly is because his form is called Legendary Super Saiyan however, Broly is considered non-cannon. Toei decided to create Broly so that they can put the controversy to rest however it sparked even more.
Super Saiyan 4
Toei created an interesting form called Super Saiyan 4 exclusive to Dragon Ball GT. The idea behind this is almost solid but there are inconsistencies. In DBZ when Goku fought Recoome, Vegeta revealed The Legend. Accompaning the narration were visual representations of what the original Super Saiyan was like which appeared to be a Golden Oozaru. We see that the Original Super Saiyan had no control over his powers and was wild beyond a regular Great Ape. When Goku was no match for Baby, Old Kai pulled out his tail in hopes that it would bring out Goku's dormant power. Goku transformed into a Golden Oozaru and was mad; however, Pan managed to get through to him and transformed into Super Saiyan 4.
- One issue here is that why would Goku transform into humanoid version of the Golden Great Ape when in Z Vegeta had control over himself in the Great Ape status in the Saiyan Saga.
- Why does Super Saiyan 4 have pinkish/reddish fur when it clearly should be gold. Even though I like the look, it is still wrong.
- When Super Saiyan 4 Goku and Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta fuse, why does Gogeta have brown fur and red hair? (The brown fur does make more sense the red fur though.)
- Does this mean if Gohan, Trunks and Goten become Super Saiyan 4 too? Vegeta wasn't a Super Saiyan 3 so that is not a prerequiste. ***(EDIT: in the episode "Heart of a Prince" Vegeta and Bulma reason that only pure blooded Saiyans can turn into a Super Saiyan 4 when they were wondering why Great Ape Baby Vegeta did not change into a Super Saiyan 4. They reason that it was because Baby's cells made Vegeta an impure Saiyan).***
- Why didn't Old Kai think of this in Z when Goku battled Buu? Answer: Dragon Ball GT is non-cannon.
Super Saiyan 3
It seems people fail to remember Super Saiyan 3 which is overlooked. Because this was the Super Saiyan form in Dragon Ball Z it maybe the quintessential form.
- My biggest gripe about this form is how Gotenks achieved it when Goten and Trunks are not even Super Saiyan 2 on their own. So, does this mean if Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta when into The Hyperbolic Time Chamber he would be a Super Saiyan 6? Gotenks jumped to levels that Goten and Trunks never achieved.
- Another problem with Dragon Ball GT is that Goku could barely sustain the transformation in his child yet Gotenks who was almost the same age had no difficulty in sustaining the Super Saiyan 3 powers. (At least that I can remember...)
- What I like most about this form is that Goku was the only one in Z who was a Super Saiyan 3 (Gotenks does not count because he was a fusion) which makes it more special.
Super Saiyan 2
Super Saiyan 2 has many problems because the form looks so similar to the original Super Saiyan form that it difficult to distinguish between them.
- No one knows exactly when Vegeta achieved this. There is some evidence that he reached this during his seven years of training then there is some evidence that he needed Babidi's majin powers in order to combat Goku not just make him cold and ruthless.
- After Goku and Majin Vegeta fought this form seemed to be abandoned later in Z and GT in favor of Super Saiyan 3 and Super Saiyan 4.
- Also, why Budokai 2, 3, and Infinite World have Trunks as a Super Saiyan 2 is beyond me. Major blunder.
Super Saiyan (1)
The original form. The reason why I love/loathe this form is for two main reasons. I love this form because the Super Saiyan Goku vs Frieza fight is my favorite moment in all of Dragon Ball/Z/GT. But I hate it with a passion because EVERYONE became a Super Saiyan! Akira Toriyama is sexist for not having Pan be a Super Saiyan but I digress...lol
- Now Akira Toriyama originally wanted to end Z with the conlusion of the Frieza Saga (I wish he had ended it there) but fans demanded more.
- In the Namek and Frieza sagas, they hyped up the powers of a Legendary Super Saiyan so to see Goku transform for the first time jaw-dropping. However, as Vegeta said when he saw Kid Trunks transform for the first time, "Since when did the powers of a Super Saiyan become a child's plaything?"
So, that is my rant on Super Saiyan Lore. Super Saiyan Historian 20:39, July 4, 2011 (UTC)