Hi, welcome to Dragon Ball Wiki! Thanks for your contributions.
Here's a wiki tip for you -- you can sign your name on talk/discussion pages by typing ~~~~ which automatically adds your signature and the date.
Check out Help:Contents for more tricks.
Hi! I wanted to thank you for the thoughtful edits you've made to the wiki recently. Your contributions are very much appreciated, as well as your detailed edit summaries! Let me know if I can help with anything. --06:58, 24 April 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks! I've enjoyed helping out. I'll be sure to ask you if I need anything. Sega381 23:45, 24 April 2009 (UTC)
New Manual of Style up for review
Hi! I just wanted to let you know that a newly proposed Manual of Style has been written and is undergoing review on its talk page. Please make any of your concerns or ideas known so the manual can be finalized and put to use as soon as possible! Thanks. -- 06:33, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks! It's looking very good.--Sega381 02:43, 22 July 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks for taking initiative. We need to keep the previous and next episode links in the template but remove the automated linking so we can manually link using the brackets. Check my user talk for more and thanks again mate. - 20:23, 31 August 2009 (UTC)
Due to your dedicated efforts toward the wiki, you've been made a moderator and given sysop privileges. As a moderator, any help you can provide in keeping the wiki clean and polished will be greatly appreciated! If you haven't already, it's suggested that you set an e-mail address in your user preferences in the event that other users need to contact you off of your talk page. This also will allow you to recover your password via e-mail, should you forget it.
- Help:Admin FAQ
- Help:Page protection
- Help:User access levels
- Help:Common mistakes
- Thank's a lot! I'm really happy about this. I'll do my best to continue helping here as much as I can!--Sega381 01:51, October 10, 2009 (UTC)
Congrats and further notes
After my initial suggestion that you be made a moderator, I am proud to say that my comrades have agreed that your effective editing has been a great deciding criteria for your promotion. Allow me to tell you how we have been operating as a trio up to now. As administrators, we have been checking and watching most articles on the wiki. I find it crucial to note that our role entails plenty of reversions and checks to avoid vandalism. To check articles systematically and maintain them is your primary goal; as it is ours as well. You are well capable of handling many inter-wiki related tasks. I'm confident that you will continue to help us greatly in the future. And I await to see your development not just as an editor and contributor, but also as a veteran of the wiki itself. Thanks for your efforts prior and I hope you're an effective contributor but also an overall lenient moderator where needed, and strict where applicable. I have great faith in your ability. Congrats and thanks again, dear comrade. - 12:10, October 8, 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks! I've been a little busy lately so I haven't been that active, but I'll be sure to come more often now. I'll do my best to improve the wiki and help it continue growing. Thanks again! Sega381 01:54, October 10, 2009 (UTC)
Hi, why did u change those powerlevels again? How can someone get 150 million PL just a little bit after Captain Ginyu said he had 180.000. Give me a official website that says Goku had 150 million PL on namek against Frieza. Not some fansite who writes bullshit.
SaintZ 11:32, October 17, 2009 (UTC)
- The most official source we can get for this is the Daizenshuu. That is where those power levels came from, not from a website. Check the article List of power levels for a complete list of power levels AND where they are referenced. You can see a scan of the Daizenshuu page with the levels here. That is the only somewhat reliable source for those levels. There is no other source, everything else would be just conjecture.
- Btw, when the Daizenshu was first translated, there was a mistake in the translation, and the 150 million level was translated to 15 million (along with other mistakes). That wrong translation is the source several fansites have used. We could make a note in the "Power level" article mentioning that those specific examples come from the Daizenshuu, or change the examples, if it is needed. --Sega381 17:52, October 17, 2009 (UTC)
Is the Demo version coming this week or next week?
- I have no idea, sorry... Sega381 00:17, October 22, 2009 (UTC)
I need your feedback here on this issue mate, it's concerning nudity on the wiki itself. Check it out here on the talk page for this episode. - 17:53, November 2, 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks, I added my 2 cents over there. --Sega381 00:58, November 3, 2009 (UTC)
I just fixed and cleaned up the mess on the articles like C14 and Babidi. So I have partial administrative/moderator powers as of now.19:54, November 28, 2009 (UTC)
- I don't mean to intrude, but I don't know what you mean by this. -- .10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 23:36, November 28, 2009 (UTC)
- Hey there, I'm not sure what are you trying to tell me either. If you fixed a problem in those articles, thanks. Do you want to gave administrative powers? It's not that easy to earn them. And you don't get administrative powers just by saying so; administrators permissions are given by other administrators only, and go beyond fixing messes in articles.
- In any event, thanks for your contributions. One question: why does your signature "talk" and "contrib" links go to SSJGoku93's pages? --Sega381 01:07, November 29, 2009 (UTC)
Thanks anyway. I was too lazy doing something.02:06, November 29, 2009 (UTC)
Hello; Power Levels --
Hello -- I think Frieza's Power Level when he fights Vegeta is about 12,000,000 and not 1,200,000 -- So he uses 10% of his full power and not 1%; Because he easily overpowers Piccolo, Vegeta plus Gohan and Krillin, and i dont think using only 1% of his max power, he could do that.. Not only beacause in his 2nd Form, he has about that number already, but Piccolo has it to; Plus Vegeta with the Zenkai already passed that number; So i don't think Frieza with just 1,200,000 could have overpowered Piccolo and the others, because Vegeta and Piccolo, individually, had a power level more than 1,000,000 -- Well, this is what i think.. Thanks and gbye..
- Yes, that makes sense... however, we're only listing official info in that page, not estimations, however good they may be. The facts are that Frieza mentioned he was using 1% of his power, and that his 100% power is given in the Daizenshuu as 120,000,000. But you're right it doesn't make that much sense. Since it's a calculated power level from two different sources, I guess I may just remove it.--Sega381 23:55, November 30, 2009 (UTC)
I need your feedback here for the Immortals category. - 14:51, December 4, 2009 (UTC)
- Ok, I added my bit there :) --Sega381 18:24, December 5, 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks! Same to you! --Sega381 15:06, December 26, 2009 (UTC)
I just wanted to say that I think you've been doing a great job trimming the Goku article recently. The article is obscenely long as is, and contains tons of info that is based off of a single character's action, or a line that someone said once. That recent IP user adding fluff to a ton of articles certainly wasn't helping, so it just makes me very glad that you've got the time to trim the article like you're doing, and I just wanted to let you know that. Keep up the great work and happy editing. -- .10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 02:26, December 29, 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks, it certainly helps to see that others think I'm on the right track. It is a lot of work, but I think that Goku, being the main character in the series, deserved at least a decent article. I'll just keep on trimming! --Sega381 00:24, December 30, 2009 (UTC)
sega381 who do you like in dragon ball z az111
- Hi... I like a lot of the characters, I'm not sure if I have a favorite...--Sega381 00:40, January 9, 2010 (UTC)
See the thing with rechristened vs. renamed is that Goku's name never actually changed, they just called him that. It's like if friends give you a nickname. They know you have a real name, but even if they don't know what it is, them calling you that doesn't change your actual name. Or as another example, your parents can rename you as a child, but other people cannot. It's not a big deal, but since there's clearly some ambiguity, I think it should be left as rechristened to avoid any confusion. -- .10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 06:31, January 8, 2010 (UTC)
- Good point, I understand why you don't want to put "rename". BUT I think "rechristened" lends itself to even more confusion, because at least for me, it seems to be associated with a religious renaming, in the worst case, and just as a synonym for "rename", in the best case. I'll try to put it another way that doesn't have a "rename" association, ok?--Sega381 00:44, January 9, 2010 (UTC)
- Yep, I think so!--Sega381 19:40, January 9, 2010 (UTC)
Hello you asked me to leave you a message so here are a few details about me.
Username:SS2Vegeta ss2 stands for super sayan my favirate character is Vegeta and my most hated character is Frieza.
why did you remove my comment about the dragonballs and dende's version of them? Its a true plot hole that can be argued since Dende did create his own set.
- Hi there! First, I guess you're referring to your comment in the Dragon Ball (object) article. Second, I didn't remove it, user User:10X Kamehameha, so I can't tell you why he removed the comment. I can make an educated guess, if you want. I guess he removed the comment because the fact that Dende created Dragon Balls is already in the article, and the part about "arguing that they are a continuation" is speculation. Anyway, I'm not really sure what your point is about the energy being "neutral", or what the plothole is. Maybe you can elaborate further here in the talk page and we can see how to put the information if it is useful.--Sega381 20:10, January 30, 2010 (UTC)
Hey man whats up? See the edit you just made, moving the unrelated info into the trivia, should it not be deleted completly as it is non Dragonball material?17:39, March 13, 2010 (UTC)
- I'm not sure what's the policy on that. There are several references to non-Dragonball material throughout the wiki, so unless we have an official policy of removing that material, I decided to leave it there for now. My opinion? Relevant information, even though non-Dragonball related, should stay. The comment on the Bibidi article, in my opinion, is too vague to be left in. But, again, as I'm not sure about the policy yet, I decided to leave it there for now.--Sega381 17:51, March 13, 2010 (UTC)
Yeah I understand where you are coming from. I was gonna go ahead and delete it but then I thought there must have been some sort of reason why you had left it in so I decided to ask. I usually just delete anything that is non Dragonball related so should I stop doing this?17:53, March 13, 2010 (UTC)
- It would be nice if you could stop for a while, just till I check what the policy is. Thanks!--Sega381 20:06, March 13, 2010 (UTC)
No problem mate. How will you check the policy?20:11, March 13, 2010 (UTC)
- Okay so the normal policy here is that non-Dragon Ball material shouldn't be on the wiki at all. The few exceptions are "historical" things, like Hercule being compared to Hercules of Roman mythology, or the Z Sword being compared to Excalibur. Another exception is characters who are identical to Chrono Trigger characters, since Toriyama did both, and some characters happen to be exactly the same. What we don't want are things like "Naruto uses a move like Big Bang Attack," or "Vegeta's voice sounds like the same voice as some other Chris Sabat character" or "Bibidi had eggs and so did the Aliens from Aliens"." Does that make sense? -- .10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 01:11, March 14, 2010 (UTC)
So just keep doing what im doing? Should the bit that myself and Sega381 were discussing on Bibidi's page be deleted then?11:57, March 14, 2010 (UTC)
- Yep, you should keep doing that, particularily to the Bibidi article. The exceptions would be:
- Toriyama-related material (Chrono Trigger, Dr. Slump, etc)
- Real-world direct references, usually historical (and I guess probably other cultural explicit references, like a "USA Today" newspaper for example.
- Anything else, which usually is just speculation or opinions, can be safely deleted. Btw, is this policy written somewhere? It should be, either in the MoS (for lack of a better place), or in a policies section. Maybe in the rules page?--Sega381 16:23, March 14, 2010 (UTC)
Right got ya. So are you gonna go ahead and delete that section on Bibidi's page? Yeah I looked in the MoS earlier and there was nothing on it.16:26, March 14, 2010 (UTC)
- I already deleted the Aliens bit if that's what you mean. -- .10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 21:50, March 14, 2010 (UTC)
Cool, thanks21:52, March 14, 2010 (UTC)
I posted a new topic regarding certain videos being allowed in the main page, your opinion on the matter would be appreciated. You can visit the Manual of Style's talk page here. Thank you!
Hey there, there is a knit-picky question being brought up in Forum:Battles Lists. If you have time, we would appreciate your input. Thanks very much. --==> DragonBall.Z GT Goku Talk Contributions. 18:05, May 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks! I have just given my vote.--Sega381 01:59, May 4, 2010 (UTC)
Hey man, could you take a look at the Forum: Episodes and see what you think. I appreciate any input 16:37, May 17, 2010 (UTC)
Adding a new admin
How's it going buddy? I was thinking about it, perhaps we should add SSJ4 Lewich to our administrative team. He's been doing an excellent job, and I feel he is very worthy of this status so that he could maintain the wiki further. Thoughts? Thanks man take care!
- I don't know him that much, but from what I've seen, he's been doing a very good job. If other admins who know him better are ok with it, I have no problem with him becoming an admin.--Sega381 20:55, June 17, 2010 (UTC)
If you have the time, your opinion on the matter of Goku and Gohan's main images would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Just an idea
I was wondering if you could award an editor of the month. I see it as another way to get the users to work harder. At the end of each month you could just put their name and avatar on the main page somewhere. I think it would push a lot of the users to make accurate and helpful edits.--SuperSaiyn3Broly 14:00, June 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Sounds like a good idea. I'm not sure how to best organize it, but it may be nice.--Sega381 04:30, June 30, 2010 (UTC)
I appreciate the congrats. Look forward to working with you :)15:13, June 30, 2010 (UTC)
Could I ask for your opinion on this crucial matter? Thanks!
Thanks for improving my edit on alternate timelines!- Kellen Engen 03:23, July 7, 2010 (UTC)
- No prob!--Sega381 03:31, July 7, 2010 (UTC)
Hi! There's a discussion going on here that would greatly benefit from your input. -- 05:26, July 27, 2010 (UTC)
Need a consensus from the community on this issue. Any input is much appreciated. Thanks! 17:43, August 5, 2010 (UTC)
I have brought it up to other users, but I believe that "Kami's Lookout" should be referred to as "The Lookout" and I would love your opinion on it. I have already created a Discussion Forum for it called "The Lookout". I would be grateful for feedback from you on it. Thanks!SuperSaiyn3Broly 03:56, August 14, 2010 (UTC)
Hey, thanks for providing the temporary fix until I could get to it. I'm glad you were able to decode your way to the "dbz helper" sub-template. :-) --04:55, September 19, 2010 (UTC)
- Sure, no problem. Although it did took me a while to navigate through the maze of templates, subtemplates, and semantic wiki syntax. That infobox is almost getting out of hand... Anyway, it was useful, as I did learn a lot about templates, and a little about the semantic wiki.--Sega381 15:13, September 19, 2010 (UTC)
Dragon Ball Kai discussion
Hi! Your input would be very much appreciated in this discussion. Thanks! -- 10:41, September 22, 2010 (UTC)
How can i become an administratorPoky7774 23:33, September 29, 2010 (UTC)
- You don't really become an administrator, it is something that is offered to you when the rest of the admins see you could be a useful addition. Basically, if you do a lot of great work in the wiki, and show good criteria and good objective decisions in your edits, the admins may offer you to become one.--Sega381 23:40, September 29, 2010 (UTC)
The future of our wiki
An important discussion about the future of our wiki would greatly benefit from your input! -- 22:54, October 6, 2010 (UTC)
Hey, how's it going? I wasn't sure if you saw, but I'm trying to get our admins together for a brief conference to iron out a few details of the move. Let us know if you can participate! -- 09:22, November 17, 2010 (UTC)
- Hey, it looks like we will be getting together Saturday (tomorrow) at 12:30PM PST (which corresponds to 3:30PM EST and 8:30PM GMT/UTC). Am hoping you will be able to make it. If so, be sure to e-mail me with the Windows Live messenger ID you'll be using so I can invite you to the group discussion. Thanks! -- 02:21, November 20, 2010 (UTC)
New wiki up and running!
Just dropping you a line to let you know the Dragon Ball Encyclopedia is officially up and running and ready for people to come by and edit! You can log in at the new site using the same user name and password as you have here and your edit history will follow you! Check out the forum pages here and there for more details. We hope you'll join us as we work hard to build the net's most encyclopedic Dragon Ball resource! -- 07:29, November 27, 2010 (UTC)
Hi, we're doing a quick vote on a minor wording change on the Full Power Super Saiyan talk page, and I was wondering if you could choose your favorite option. The vote is taking place here: Talk:Full-Power_Super_Saiyan#Votes. Thanks! -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 22:40, March 21, 2011 (UTC)
- Hey there! No, I haven't been really active this year. I started some studies and I've barely had time for anything else. Between that, and the fact that I should be helping at http://www.dragonballencyclopedia.com, I only come here from time to time. Though if I can help you with anything, please do tell me.--Sega381 15:06, December 22, 2011 (UTC)
- Okay, I just wanted to see whts up and all. 15:11, December 22, 2011 (UTC)
- Sorry to bother you again, but if you had a spare moment, would you sign my Guest Book on my profile. You sig would be heaps appreciated. 12:31, December 23, 2011 (UTC)
- No problem! --Sega381 16:33, December 23, 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks! Merry Christmas to you too!!--Sega381 22:51, December 25, 2011 (UTC)