"Champa has neglected his health, as you can clearly see. He claims it doesn't get in the way of his work."
Vados is a humanoid with pale blue skin and long white hair, similar to Whis, although she wears it as a high ponytail. She carries a long scepter with a gem that floats above it, and she usually holds her staff in her right hand. Around her neck is a large light blue ring. Her attire consists of green robes, a black cuirass with the same white and orange circle decorations as the God of Destruction Champa, and a red sash. She also wears white high heeled shoes with black soles.
Vados is confident of her fighting skills. When telling Goku who was stronger between her and Whis, she claims to be superior but Whis objects to this. Vados wanted to test their power after Whis stated this. She can also be rather blunt and coy at times. Vados tells Goku that by looking at Champa's and Beerus' physiques, you can tell who's stronger.
She can also be mischievous. One time on Champa's and Beerus' birthday, Vados knew Champa would want to fight Beerus if she only put one Puff-Puff fruit on their birthday cake. This is pointed out by Whis when Beerus and Champa are fighting. A very composed individual, she was apparently the only deity/attendant who acknowledged Goku as someone to be indebted to rather than despised, having giving the underdeveloped universe a chance to save themselves with the Tournament of Power rather than be immediately erased by the Omni-Kings.
Other than this, it appears that Vados has many similarities personality wise with her younger brother, as both are eloquent, respectful, wise, love consuming different foods, and are rather remorseless when it comes to the billions of deaths which they are responsible for or at the very least are aware of, as she is seen destroying a planet when Champa commanded her to without batting an eye.
After the Grand Priest announces that the losing Universes will be obliterated and that only the Angels will be preserved, Vados simply closes her eyes and silently smiles, which showcases that, despite the length of time she and Champa spent together, she is not emotionally attached to him. She is also the only one to speak in Goku's favor during the meeting of the Gods of Destruction before the tournament begins.
Long ago, Champa and Beerus got into a fight because Beerus ate the Puff-Puff fruit on their birthday cake. While they were fighting, Vados is questioned by her brother, Whis, wondering if she intentionally set off the situation by putting one Puff-Puff fruit on their cake. Vados and Whis decide to end their fight by chopping their necks because they could destroy the universe at the rate they were going. Champa and Beerus decide never to fight one-on-one again but have food showdowns instead.
For decades, Champa has been looking for the Super Dragon Balls. In all of his searches, he was able to find six of the Super Dragon Balls.
Dragon Ball Super
God of Destruction Beerus Saga
Main article: God of Destruction Beerus Saga In the manga of Super, in Universe 7, Vados and Champa show up and notice that Beerus is awake. She and Champa try to stay anonymous while Beerus is fighting on King Kai's planet. Vados and Champa notice that Beerus is moving and are heading towards a planet. Vados is with Champa when he's destroying planets and they collecting huge orbs that no one has found. Vados are sensed by Old Kai and Kibito Kai and spot them through the crystal ball Old Kai made. Champa and Vados go to the Sacred World of the Kais. Champa asks them if they heard their conversation but they tell him that they didn't hear a thing. Even though they don't believe them, Champa and his attendant leave and return collecting the orbs.
Vados and Champa are in space then they encounter Guarana's ship. Guarana and his crew has found a huge orb which Champa wanted. Vados watches Champa blow up Guarana's ship, then they leave. Vados warns Champa of Beerus noticing what he is doing. Champa agrees and tells her that they're going home and he'll give Beerus a gift.
Golden Frieza Saga
Main article: Golden Frieza Saga Vados and Champa are in Universe 7 looking for a specific planet and destroying the ones they don't find useful. Vados warps to a planet, knocking Sorbet's spaceship out the way. Vados is ordered to destroy it but she insisted that Champa should do it. After Champa gets angry, Vados destroys the planet, even knowing that it wasn't the one they were looking for. They continue their search for the planet they are looking for.
Universe 6 Saga
Main article: Universe 6 Saga Vados and Champa reach Beerus' planet. Vados tells Goku and Vegeta that she is Whis' older sister and that she is a little stronger than he is, but however, Whis disagrees. Vados also tells them that Champa is Beerus' twin brother and that he is the God of Destruction of Universe 6. It is explained by Whis to them that Universe 7 and Universe 6 are twin universes, equaling 13. Vados was told by Champa to search for their universe's Earth while he and Beerus have a food duel. She finds it and tells everyone that the Earthlings have been driven to extinction due to war. Champa declares a Universe 6 and Universe 7 tournament over having the Universe 7's Earth using five warriors from their respective universes.
After Whis explains why Beerus and Champa don't fight anymore, the rules for the tournament are discussed. The rules are that if Champa wins, he will use the Super Dragon Balls to switch the universes' Earth. To Vados' surprise, she knows that Goku has knowledge of the Dragon Balls. If Beerus won, he will give the six balls he had but Beerus would have to find the last one on his own. The tournament will be held on the Nameless Planet in five Earth days at 10 a.m. Vados and Champa leave Beerus' planet after this.
Vados and Champa are on the Nameless Planet arranging the arena. Vados asks Champa if he's picked his team, and he responds that he notices that Goku and Vegeta are Saiyans and that he needs Saiyans for his team. The day of the tournament, Vados is on the Nameless Planet waiting for the arrival of Universe 7's team. Once they arrive, Vados commences the writing exam to be eligible to compete in the tournament. Vados says the exam is ten basic questions to test their basic intelligence and they are given ten minutes but you must receive a 50 or higher to participate. After the time is up, Vados reveals everyone except for Majin Buu is able to compete, leaving the tournament five-on-four.
The tournament begins with the first match between Botamo and Goku. Vados is surprised to see Goku moving at an unbelievable speed, going beyond her expectations of him. Botamo is beaten by Goku by a ring-out because Goku could not deal damage to Botamo. The next fighter for Universe 6 is Frost, going up against Goku. When Goku transforms into a Super Saiyan against Frost, Vados seems surprised of seeing this, implying she doesn't know about Super Saiyans.
"Future" Trunks Saga
Main article: "Future" Trunks Saga
Universe Survival Saga
- Manga and Anime
Being Champa's martial arts teacher, she possesses power comparable to him, making her one of the strongest in Universe 6, and among the most powerful in all of the twelve universes. Vados claims to be stronger than Whis, but Whis objects and tells her that it has been already a millennium since they trained together. The two seemingly stand on at equal ground.
As shown in the past battle between Beerus and Champa, Vados is strong enough to knock Champa out with a single blow to the neck.
Vados displays the ability to destroy an entire planet from a distance simply by tapping her staff. She was later shown strong enough to be able drag six Super Dragon Balls, which are the size of planets, while she was flying to the Nameless Planet.
It should be noted that despite Vados' astronomical power that she is still far below the likes of the Great Priest, Zen-Oh and Future Zen-Oh and must always be respectful and courteous when in their presence.
- Statements by authors and guidebooks
- Video Games
In Xenoverse 2, when fighting her, Hit notes the immense pressure given off by her power appears to be overwhelming. Whis also mentions that she was stronger than him 1000 years ago, but that it is anyone's guess which one of them is stronger now.
Technique and special abilities
- Flight – The ability to fly with the use of ki.
- Ki Blast - The most basic form of Energy Attack. In Xenoverse 2, Vados can fire Ki blasts from the tip of her Staff.
- Warp – A transportation technique used to travel anywhere she wishes. Appears as her Evasive Skill in Xenoverse 2.
- Divination – Vados is capable of using her staff to look anywhere in the universe.
- Strike of Revelation – A chop to the neck used by Vados to knock down Champa during his battle with Beerus.
- Energy Shield – Vados is able to create a large and powerful energy shield that can last for over five days. It was strong enough to resist ki blasts from Champa without a scratch.
- Matter Manipulation – Vados possesses matter manipulating powers, able to create an arena, food stands filled with food, portraits of Beerus and Champa, audience stands, and even a breathable atmosphere (which would require manipulation on the molecular level) on the Nameless Planet.
- Requiem Of Destruction — Vados' Super Attack in the arcade game Dragon Ball Heroes and Ultimate Skill in Xenoverse 2, where she traps the opponent in a dome of green energy and detonates it.
- Destruction's Concerto: Vados spawns green orbs of energy and launch them at the opponent. Depending on the variation, The orbs can take different forms. Destruction's Concerto has three versions:
- Destruction's Concerto: Starfall - Spawn 2 green orbs of energy and launch them at the opponent. One of Vados' Super Skills in Xenoverse 2.
- Destruction's Concerto: Comet - Spawn a slow moving green orb that chases the opponent. One of Vados' Super Skills in Xenoverse 2.
- Destruction's Concerto: Meteor - Spawn a green orb of energy behind the opponent, that explodes instantly when it is touched. One of Vados' Super Skills in Xenoverse 2.
- Destruction's Conductor - Vados waves her glowing staff to deliver an unblockable attack. If any Destruction's Concerto orbs are present they will home onto a targeted opponent. One of Vados' Super Skills in Xenoverse 2.
- Angel Attendant's Staff - Like her brother and the other Attendants of the Gods of Destruction, Vados possesses a Staff which can be used for a variety of functions. In Xenoverse 2, Vados can channel her ki into it to fire Ki Blasts and launch her various Destruction Concerto Energy Sphere techniques. She also uses it as part of her Destruction's Conductor.
Video game appearances
- Dragon Ball Heroes
- Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butōden
- IC Carddass Dragon Ball
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (DLC)
- Dragon Ball Fusions
Vados makes her debut appearance in a video-game in Dragon Ball Heroes, introduced in the seventh mission of the God Mission series (GDM7), but becomes a playable character in the eighth mission (GDM8).
In Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, Vados appears as a DLC character along with Champa in the Super Pack 2 DLC.
In special dialogue when Vados asks Beerus if he's not happy about being Whis' fighting partner, Beerus responds that he fancied about fighting with Vados.
- Japanese: Yuriko Yamaguchi
- English: Caitlin Glass
- Portuguese dub: Joana Castro
- Italian dub: Debora Magnaghi
- Spanish dub: Mercedes Hoyos
- Like the other Gods of Destruction and Angels, Vados is named after an alcoholic drink, in her case calvados.
- Given her power has been said to be superior to her brother's (or is at the very least she is in the same league as him power wise), she is likely the strongest known female character in the Dragon Ball series, although this is without knowing the power of other female angel attendants.