The Vanishing Beam is a simple pink, perfectly round beam (it looks like a sphere when looking straight down it) fired from the palm of the hand. It can be fired very easily with no charge up or special stance. Its power varies, but the standard version has been used to combat the Kamehameha and an uncharged version used by Kid Buu is powerful enough to completely vaporize the Earth, making it very powerful.
Majin Buu uses this move numerous times in all of his forms: Kid Buu uses this attack to kill the Northern Supreme Kai. Majin Buu uses a two-handed version on Super Saiyan 3 Goku during their battle near West City. Another notable instance is when Super Buu (w/ Gotenks absorbed) uses it to in a beam struggle against Ultimate Gohan. Kid Buu also uses the attack in his first attempt to destroy the Earth, but it is deflected by Vegeta's Final Burst Cannon (Kid Buu soon succeeds in destroying Earth by using his Planet Burst). Kid Buu later uses the move numerous times against Majin Buu, each time leaving a gaping hole in Maijin Buu's stomach that he easily repairs.
Super Buu uses similar pink energy waves as part of his Human Extinction Attack and as part of the Bring It! technique he uses on Ultimate Gohan. Kid Buu uses a similar energy blast as part of the Nightmare Impact technique he uses on Vegeta during their battle on the Sacred World of the Kais.
Appearances in games
This attack was named Vanishing Beam in the Budokai series. It appears under the generic name Full Power Energy Wave in the Budokai Tenkaichi series. Wonder Majins can use the Vanishing Beam in the computer game Dragon Ball Online. It can also be used by Majin Buu in Dragon Ball: Zenkai Battle Royale. Super Buu in his base and Gohan absorbed forms, along with Kid Buu, can use this attack as their Blast Sparks in Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z.
- Dark Energy – An energy wave fired with the two hand. It is used by Evil Buu to attack Majin Buu shortly after they separated themselves.
- Assault Rain – A powerful Energy Wave Barrage used by Super Buu to annihilate all the Humans in just minutes while he was waiting on Kami's Lookout.
- Super Vanishing Beam – A move used once by Super Buu against Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks. After Gotenks had used his Volley Ball attack on Super Buu and spiked him deep into the ground, while in the crater, Super Buu holds his hand up in a fashion identical to his Human Extinction Attack attack, and unleashes an enormous pink beam that fills the entirety of the crater and blasts up into space, narrowly missing Gotenks who had been peering down into the crater.
- Gack! – A powerful mouth energy wave originally used by Ultra Buu to attack Eastern Supreme Kai (who was protected by Grand Supreme Kai). Thousands of years later, it is used by Super Buu to attack Gotenks (in response to Gotenks' Revenge Cannon), and later to attack Gohan two times (who deflects the first energy wave, and after makes Buu swallow the second to explode).
- Vanishing Ball – A super powerful energy sphere attack used by Kid Buu on different occasions, and named Vanishing Ball in the Budokai series.