Vegito... Downsized (ブウの奥の手!!アメ玉になっちゃえ, Bu no Oku no Te!! Amedama ni Nacchae) is the eighteenth episode of the Fusion Saga and the two hundred seventy-first overall episode in the original dubbed and the uncut Dragon Ball Z series. The episode first aired on July 19, 1995. Its original American air date was November 12, 2002.
Super Buu's every attempt to defeat Vegito, is completely useless, and Vegito no longer sees Super Buu as a challenge. Super Buu uses the Wrap Attack on Vegito, but Vegito bites him and breaks free. Super Buu then uses a combo of the Super Ghost Kamikaze Attack, the Kamehameha, and the Masenko, but thanks to Goku's handy Instant Transmission technique, Vegito has not a scratch on him.
Realizing that he can not defeat Vegito, Super Buu then hatches a plan. He taunts Vegito to finish him off and so Vegito approaches him. As soon as he is close enough, Super Buu uses his Chocolate Beam and turns Vegito into a coffee flavored jawbreaker.
- Vegito crossing his arms and only using his legs to block Buu's attacks is similar to what Frieza did during his battle with Goku near the middle of the Frieza Saga.
- While Dabura, Videl, Chi-Chi and Bulma are looking for Gohan, from the second extended camera angle, Dabura does not appear to have a halo, but it appears again very quickly.
- The Buu Ghosts are shown using the Kamehameha, as well as Masenko blasts. Both the Buu ghosts and Vegito mistakenly refer to the second technique as the Galick Gun, however, since the Galick Gun is one of Vegeta's moves and Vegeta has not been absorbed by Buu, this seems impossible. The Masenko is one of Gohan and Piccolo's moves, both of which Buu has absorbed. Though there is one simple explanation as Buu had absorbed Trunks who could have easily learned (or saw the technique and Buu just mimicked it from Trunks' memories) the Galick Gun while training with his father.
- Conversely, in the Ocean dub version, the attack is called Magic Flash.
- In the FUNimation dub, the flavor of the jawbreaker Buu turns Vegito into is coffee. In the Ocean dub it is chocolate-flavored.