Tien uses his opponent as a ball and makes them fly with two hits before giving a final blow to stamp them into the ring.
- Wolf Fang Volleyball Fist – The combination of Tien's Volleyball Attack with Yamcha's Wolf Fang Fist. It is Tiencha's ultimate attack in Budokai 2.
Video Game Appearances
The Volleyball Attack is popular in the Budokai series, where two fused characters have it in addition to Tien: Super Buu (with Tien and Yamcha absorbed), and Tiencha. This move also appears in Dragon Ball: Raging Blast as one of Tien's Super Attacks, where it is renamed Open Ball Fist. In Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi, the technique is once again called the Volleyball Attack and is one of Tien's Super Attacks. It can also be obtained (via Tien's training) as one of the Standard Hero's custom Super Attacks.
In Dragon Ball Xenoverse, it appears under the name Volleyball Fist and in addition to being one of Tien's Super Skills, it also appears as one of Piccolo's Super Skills which is likely a reference to his role in Charging Ultra Buu Buu Volleyball (another Volleyball themed technique) team attack with Gotenks. The Future Warrior can learn the technique as well.
In Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, Volleyball Fist returns as one of Tien's Super Skills in his Uniform 1 skillset, one of Piccolo's in his Demon Clothes 5 skillset, and one of Gotenks in his Matamoran Clothes 3. It can be learned by the Future Warrior (Xenoverse 2) by completing School Quest: "Lesson 1" of Tien's Training.
In Dragon Ball FighterZ, this appears as one of Tien's special moves. It comes in three variants: light, medium, and heavy. However, all three strikes of the attack must be manually inputted, and the variants, can be interchanged for each strike. The light variant is the fastest version, and if light attack is used for all three strikes, Tien will remain on the same side he started. The medium version starts up much slower, however, has a state of armor. The medium launcher with cause Tien to switch sides. He can choose to not use a spike and continue a combo off this variant. The heavy version is a command grab, but only requires one input. The heavy launcher and spike, (after a medium or light set), as of the DLC patch, causes Tien to use Multi-Form.
- In a Japanese book, it is stated that the attack was named so because Tien often plays volleyball with Chiaotzu.
- It is one of two volleyball themed attacks in the series the other being Gotenks' Charging Ultra Buu Buu Volleyball team attack with Piccolo.
- In Dragon Ball Xenoverse, when used by a Future Warrior with Male Voice Option 8 (which is actually the voice of Curtis Arnott/Takahata101, voice of TeamFourStar's Nappa from the Dragon Ball Z: Abridged online parody series) he will shout "Volleyball! Ball! Hit It! Hard!".
- ↑ Daizenshuu 7, 1996
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Dragon Ball Xenoverse, 2015
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Dragon Ball Xenoverse, Future Warrior: Male Voice Option 8
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, 2016
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2, 2003
- ↑ Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi, 2011
- ↑ "Jump Heroes collection, Tenshinhan Character Collection 11, Chapter 1" DRAGON BALL Character Ekisaitingugaido Shueisha, March 4, 2009